There are 260 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Secondary Question...

First of all,just going to throw it out there I am not a noob and have been on this site for 3-4 years but i forgot my password to my last account so i made a new one but hardly make any posts anyways.

Alright now as far as the secondary, is Goldson staying at FS for good? Reason why im asking is because some people have been wanting to draft(also plenty of mock drafts) Thomas and I do not see why since he isnt a SS and as far as I know I havent heard any rumors of Goldson switching to SS.

on a side note Nate Allen would be a great 2nd round pick if available but once again hes supposed to be also a FS...So technically the only S that can step in and start right away would be Taylor Mays which I wouldnt mind if we traded back a few spots due to the only other SS's are Chad Jones&Kam Chancellor who are both very raw.

Also would Haden if available at #13 automatically exclude any other DB/S for the rest of the draft?

Thoughts?
[ Edited by SmokeCrabtrees on Apr 17, 2010 at 6:05 PM ]
Goldson said on his twitter that he has no problem going to SS, so drafting a FS isn't an issue.
Dashon Goldson's aggressive style with the ability to cover TE's and WR's makes him a good candidate to play SS. What has been said many times, is that the league is a pass happy league and you need safeties that can cover WR's. A FS that has the ability to play both CB and FS is a REAL bonus.

I like the idea of drafting Thomas, who is rated higher than Eric Berry by the very accurate Mike Mayock.
We're gonna draft a safety in this year's draft weather it be Earl Thomas or Nate Allan, and Goldson is going to move to SS. We just have to wait for Micheal Lewis to either retire or be released for this to happen, im thinking next year he'll be gone
Well, the 49ers kind of play both safeties the same...both are expected to be able to cover, and both are expected to be able to stop the run.

Lewis is a good true SS, kind of a run-stopping assistant linebacker, but that's not really what they need, as he can't cover diddly.

Goldson is the perfect prototype 49er saftey...he can both cover and come up to stop the run...and he's a playmaker to boot, causing and picking up fumbles and intercepting passes.

Reggie Smith has a chance to be a similar sort of player, and so does Curtis Taylor. I, for one, don't think we need to draft a safety early. I'd rather see us take a CB like Haden or Wilson instead if we're going to draft a DB. For sure we need a tackle, but after that I don't know that we need to focus in on a safety...I think we've already got it covered.
Originally posted by Yetiman:
Well, the 49ers kind of play both safeties the same...both are expected to be able to cover, and both are expected to be able to stop the run.

Lewis is a good true SS, kind of a run-stopping assistant linebacker, but that's not really what they need, as he can't cover diddly.

Goldson is the perfect prototype 49er saftey...he can both cover and come up to stop the run...and he's a playmaker to boot, causing and picking up fumbles and intercepting passes.

Reggie Smith has a chance to be a similar sort of player, and so does Curtis Taylor. I, for one, don't think we need to draft a safety early. I'd rather see us take a CB like Haden or Wilson instead if we're going to draft a DB. For sure we need a tackle, but after that I don't know that we need to focus in on a safety...I think we've already got it covered.

this