There are 161 users in the forums

Joe Haden is Horribly Overrated

Originally posted by DesiDez:
Yahoo Sports, Charles Robinson says that some teams like Kyle Wilson more than Haden. http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AsE3BXhnkB78lvIGBhIdxbJDubYF?slug=cr-inconvenienttruths041910

Quote:
4. Boise State cornerback Kyle Wilson will be the first cornerback drafted
All the public talk has been about Florida’s Joe Haden, but Wilson has the major personnel buzz. Teams love his speed and athleticism, and believe the few kinks in his game can be ironed out with coaching. And unlike Haden, personnel departments think Wilson hasn’t touched his full potential. He had a very good Senior Bowl and raised some eyebrows. And in the interviewing process, he comes off as confident, if not a little feisty. Don’t be shocked if he’s plucked inside the top 10.

I've heard Cleveland is the team that likes him.

On path to the draft(yesterday) charlie casserly said some teams have kareem jackson as the #1 corner. Im still on the haden camp and people need to understand he has not fully learn the position yet, came to florida as a qb than switch to Wr before finally being a corner.
Originally posted by doc_brown_:
Originally posted by SFCH3DDERZ:
um pretty sure our scouts did their homework. they will know if or not to pick him up.

Yeah cause scouts never screw up!

Scouts are like NEVER WRONG. They are PERFECT!

No CB with our 1st round picks!
If Haden, as the top-rated CB isn't "worthy" of a #13 pick...then who is? An OT, yes, but we may be able to get both...and that would be very cool. I can't believe there are some calling for a S before a CB...that just doesn't make sense to me. CB is one of the most critical positions on the team...anytime you have a chance to improve there, you do it. That doesn't mean you neglect S...but, we have Goldson at FS...Singletary seems to be happy with his development. He also has Reggie Smith whom he believes is ready to supplant ML. So, when people call for a S before a CB, that bothers me. We can probably get someone like Rolle or Robert Johnson in the 4th rd to improve the S depth.
  • LA49erFan4ever
  • Info N/A
lol just out of curiousity cause i know most of you are joe haden lovers..if he turns out to be a complete bust or doesnt live up to anywhere near his hype what do u think your reaction is gonna be..

mine would be "i didnt say i told you so but it doesnt surprise me"

if he turns out to be an All pro shut down corner "my apologies" lol
Originally posted by LA49erFan4ever:
lol just out of curiousity cause i know most of you are joe haden lovers..if he turns out to be a complete bust or doesnt live up to anywhere near his hype what do u think your reaction is gonna be..

he wont. quit hatin
Bit early?
Originally posted by DaFaro49ers:

he wont. quit hatin

cosigned.
hold on there bud. we haven't even drafted haden yet.
  • LA49erFan4ever
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by English:
Bit early?

na thats why i put "IF"
kid hasn't even been drafted yet and were already talking about being a bust..

then we'll cut him/ let him walk away like the majority of our first rounders in the past 8 years or so...

Originally posted by English:
Bit early?

na thats why i put "IF"

I know the meaning of the word if. Let me put it another way. Calling bust on a player before we have even drafted him is nothing short of ridiculous.
  • DVDA
  • Veteran
I think he is a boom or bust type of player. I like Kyle Wilson more and I'm hoping the 49ers don't take Haden.
Originally posted by 23zack80:
I think he is a boom or bust type of player. I like Kyle Wilson more and I'm hoping the 49ers don't take Haden.

No
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
  • flow
  • Veteran
You could ask the same question of Bryant/Okung/Bradford/Spiller/Berry/Suh/Pierre-Paul/Iupati/Pouncey/Witherspoon/Morgan.
Share 49ersWebzone