There are 140 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Ginn and Draft thoughts

• Walsh
  • Veteran
So glad we picked up a Ginn in FA! We can really go bpa in the early rounds now. Thank god! Playoffs or nothing this year! I really think there's no wrong way to go in this draft class.

Please no more early round DE's though. OLB or Oline but we've drafted enough DE's for 2 teams. One team doing a 3-4 and another team running a 4-3. Am I wrong?

1a Joe Haden CB /Earl Thomas S /Dan Williams NT /CJ Spiller

I think we take the bpa with our first pick. I was never really on board with CJ Spiller but if the guys a game changer you still take him despite the Ginn pick up. I've actually come around to the guy. At least, he fits a spread offense better than Gore. Our offense needs one more playmaker imo. Crabs, VD +1 more

1b Anthony Davis OT/Bruce Campbell OT
We should get a tackle in the first. If you don't have a tackle in your first round mock, than Jesus had better fallen out of the top 10.

2 Ricky Sapp OLB/ Vlad Ducasse OG
There's going to be a great passrusher falling out of the first round to us. I guarantee it! (With my awesome 100% useless guarantee) If not, then there should be some guard value. Reviewing the inside line...

Chilo-jury is out, Baas-one more year on contract. do we even want him?, Heit- ok pass protection but not much else and can run block the weakest teams. Good lord, how long do centers play in this game? This is his 12 season??

3 Mitch Petrus OG/Dorin Dickerson TE
If we don't come away from this draft with at least a 2nd or 3rd use on a guard, then I'll be worried.

I wouldn't mind an offense weapon as a 2nd or 3rd round pick either if the value was there. Say Golden Tate falls out of the first or some such d.d. craziness...Our offense needs all the help we can get.

4 Myron Lewis S
There are some great safeties in this draft imo. We don't have any definite replacement for M. Lewis. I'd like to get a safety in the later rounds. I'm willing to roll the dice on the rooks and M. Lewis for a season.

5 Ginn trade

6 Camp body
7 ...
IBTM
Let's hope this works out well for the 49ers.
Originally posted by theninermaniac:
IBTM

If the 9ers draft Bruce Campbell in the 1st round I will cry out loud. He is a project OT that has no business in the 1st round. We need to get our hands on either Okung/Bulaga/Thomas/Davis or Iutapi (hower the f you spell it) or wait until round 2 to grab a OT.
  • Walsh
  • Veteran
Originally posted by matt49er:
If the 9ers draft Bruce Campbell in the 1st round I will cry out loud. He is a project OT that has no business in the 1st round. We need to get our hands on either Okung/Bulaga/Thomas/Davis or Iutapi (hower the f you spell it) or wait until round 2 to grab a OT.

I'm guna quote Ghostoffreddean from another post...
"I'd rank them this way:

1.) Russell Okung (the best pure LT in the draft)
2.) Trent Williams (most versatile and pro-ready)
3.) Bryan Bulaga (reminds me of Harris Barton)
4.) Anthony Davis (excellent RT prospect; question his ability to play LT at a high level)
5.) Bruce Campbell (biggest boom/bust potential)
6.) Charles Brown (excellent pass protection skills; needs to improve in run-blocking)

I think the first two will be gone before we pick, since teams selecting that high (and paying that kind of money to likely come in right away and start) might be more willing to go with battle-tested seniors (Okung and Williams) rather than talented-but-still-very-raw juniors. That said, there's a possibility (IMO) that Bulaga could move up the rankings and possibly be gone by #13 as well.

If Bulaga is there, he's our guy...if not, we'll probably go with either Davis or Campbell."

[ Edited by GhostofFredDean74 on Jan 16, 2010 at 02:36:52 ]

So basically, good chance we go Davis or Campbell and I agree with him.