LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 314 users in the forums

Will The Skins Take Williams over Okung?

Will The Skins Take Williams over Okung?

Mike Mayock Thinks the Skins Will Take Williams over Okung:

http://blogs.nfl.com/2010/04/07/williams-could-be-mcnabbs-protector-at-no-4/

Do you agree? It makes sense, since Shanahan is going to put in place a more athletic, zone blocking O-line scheme.

I hope this happens, since it could cause Okung to slip a few spots where we can maybe trade up for him. It also makes it more likely that one of the top 4 OTs will slip to 13.
[ Edited by nickbradley on Apr 17, 2010 at 11:53 AM ]
Were not trading up for Okung.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I don't think it makes a difference who goes first Okung or Williams, the top 4 OT will probably be gone by the 9th pick.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Why does every other thread you post always boil down to trading up for Okung ?
Originally posted by KRS-1:
Why does every other thread you post always boil down to trading up for Okung ?

• krizay
  • Veteran
Eric Berry!
i think they take williams, because i think the lions will take okung...

and i also think this will drop gerald mccoy to the seahawks, who need some desperate help on the line now..
I think they very well could. He fits Shannys style of lineman better IMO
Originally posted by saniner:
I think they very well could. He fits Shannys style of lineman better IMO
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by MaliCali:

and i also think this will drop gerald mccoy to the seahawks, who need some desperate help on the line now..

I don't like the way you think, and if he was there at 6, Pete would cream himself in the war room.

i dont think we have the balls to do it, but trading up to get Okung wouldnt be a bad move. hes a franchise T. we could really anchor the line around him. everyone else imo is a step down, and would carry more risk. might as well go for the best guy who you have a dire need.

I don't like the way you think, and if he was there at 6, Pete would cream himself in the war room.

I am not a fan of it any more than you are...but the Lions D showed a lot of improvement last year, while their offensive line was still absolute s**t. It just makes more sense for them to take the best OT off the board to protect their #1 pick from last year for the next 10+ years instead of taking Suh to help a unit that has already begun to improve. And then after Suh goes to the Buc's who takes McCoy..surely not the Skins moving to a 3-4 or the Chiefs who just got Glenn Dorsey and Tyson Jackson in the last two drafts.....Seahawks come up next, and their defensive line is easily the biggest concern with the losses they have taken at that unit this offseason..
  • evil
  • Veteran

I am not a fan of it any more than you are...but the Lions D showed a lot of improvement last year, while their offensive line was still absolute s**t. It just makes more sense for them to take the best OT off the board to protect their #1 pick from last year for the next 10+ years instead of taking Suh to help a unit that has already begun to improve. And then after Suh goes to the Buc's who takes McCoy..surely not the Skins moving to a 3-4 or the Chiefs who just got Glenn Dorsey and Tyson Jackson in the last two drafts.....Seahawks come up next, and their defensive line is easily the biggest concern with the losses they have taken at that unit this offseason..

The Lions did not improve on D really. Gave up about 20 points less than the 0-16 team and gave up about 10 yards less per game on average. They also posted 4 sacks less than the 0-16 team.

Schwartz's D requires the pressure to come from the front 4 for the most part, taking Suh improves the run and pass game. It becomes a big help for Corey Williams and KVB and allows the back 7 to be spending less time blitzing and more time in coverage. Backus is an passable LT, not great but can get by. If they were smart they would look to trade #34 for Jammal Brown or Jared Gaither and really improve both sides of the trenches.

Regardless I expect Detroit to take Suh because franchise LT's come around all the time, whereas dominant DT's like Suh and McCoy are a much rarer commodity.

Tampa IMHO takes McCoy regardless if Suh is there or not, he is a much much better fit int he Tampa 2 which they are back running after Bates was pushed out.
Heck, the Skins may even take Anthony Davis (aka the Andre Smith of this year's draft)!

Seriously lol, tackle-friendly drafts can get complicated and surprising, I remember the Bengals had a shot at Eugene Monroe and Michael Oher last season, but drafted Andre Smith (aka the 'butt' of all jokes in the green room).

Yes -- but the Lions are retarded and the just traded for a Guard -- that means Backus is stuck at tackle. If I were running the Lions I would take Okung.
Share 49ersWebzone