LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 256 users in the forums

Trade down the 17th pick for an extra 2nd round pick!!!

• lynwood49ers
  • Info N/A
I say we trade down the 17th pick and draft Taylor Mays and have some extra picks in the 2nd round...
[ Edited by lynwood49ers on Apr 17, 2010 at 10:42 AM ]
LMAO
  • lazy
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
LMAO

Originally posted by jreff22:

• LA49erFan4ever
  • Info N/A
im done with this team trading down..almost 4 straight years of that BS and we ended up we scrubs..no thanks..only two ways to go..stay put or go up
Only if the top 4 OTs are gone.
Originally posted by LA49erFan4ever:
im done with this team trading down..almost 4 straight years of that BS and we ended up we scrubs..no thanks..only two ways to go..stay put or go up

What? When have we traded back in the last four years? I remember us trading UP to get Manny Lawson, trading UP to get Joe Staley, and trading UP from last year's 2nd round pick to get this year's first. When did we trade back?

That being said, I think the 17th pick will be a great place to trade back; San Diego is looking for a RB, Minn will probably want a QB, and other teams might fall in love with guys and want to trade up to get them. The idea of drafting Taylor Mays is stupid, but trading back and getting a guy like Pouncey and adding an extra 2nd or 3rd round pick? Perfect.
as long as we don't trade the 13th, i'm fine with it.
  • flow
  • Veteran

I dont mind trading down for an extra pick, but i dont want Mays
Originally posted by eastbay49er:
I dont mind trading down for an extra pick, but i dont want Mays
  • Nebr49erfan
  • Info N/A
I think trading down will all depend on how the draft falls. If all four of the top tackles go before #13 . . . then the value is to trade the 13th pick. I know people hate that idea but if all the OTs are gone that means a big name defensive prospect like D Mason or possibly a S is around.

Several teams may be willing to pull trigger to jump up. Philly giving us #37 to move back 11 spots. I am all over the value of that trade. Two ones and two twos...that allows you to load up on several options if needed. Two OL and two defensive picks?

I would actually rather have team trade up to make drafting a top tackle a certainty.
i would rather trading down than reaching...you shouldnt force the niners drafting at their original spots if it makes no sense.
Do you realize that we would probably have to trade down to at least the 30s for a team to give us a second round pick?
Share 49ersWebzone