LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 205 users in the forums

LeGarrette Blount

So, with the niners getting Ginn, it's doubtful they'll spend a 1st or 2nd rounder on a guy like Spiller or McCluster or another RB who is a KR/PR. However, I wonder if that leaves the door open for a guy like LeGarrette Blount in the 4th or 6th round? Most mocks have him going in the 5th or 6th, but I think he's a 2nd round talent who will slide that far due to the character concerns.

However, I think Singletary could view him as one of his projects, and it's been well documented that Blount has worked hard to change his attitude and life since the incident that caused the suspension. I know some people, myself included aren't too comfortable with only Coffee as a backup, so would taking Blount alleviate some concerns?
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
That would be a knockout.
No, he's a mid 4.6 RB. I want speed this year.
Originally posted by jreff22:

He's also 240 lbs, so he can deliver some punishment, 4.6 is a pretty good time for someone his size.
Originally posted by susweel:

ooooo i see what you did!
Originally posted by Niners23:

He's also 240 lbs, so he can deliver some punishment, 4.6 is a pretty good time for someone his size.

4.69....I would rather use a FB.
Originally posted by Niners23:

4.69....I would rather use a FB.

He officially ran a 4.62 at the combine if you want to get specific, as well as a 4.59 and 4.61 at his pro day. For a possible 6th round investment, I'm not sure where we could go wrong. Regardless, he's surprisingly athletic for his size, I'm not saying he's a burner, but he seems to be the type of RB that the niners have been coveting over the years, and I can easily see Sing falling for him.
It would be worth drafting him if he knocked out matt leinart the way he did that other guy.

hopefully this is the guy he knocks out...

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:

Nah, he only knocks country looking white dudes.
  • mod
  • Veteran
I think he is almost 1st round talent. I really like this guy, If he was running for our team and destroying DL and LB left and right, then frank gore could be our speed back.
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:

Nah, he only knocks country looking white dudes.

Then i hope it's this guy...
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:

Everytime i see this video i crack up... Look at dude from Bosie just crumble ( Yeah yeah, bad sportmanship, on both parts... If you ask me dude deserves the shot. And who taught this guy to talk smack then turn away from the person)
[ Edited by Ibleedgoldnred on Apr 16, 2010 at 5:28 PM ]
He'd be a hell of a fullback if he can lead block.
Share 49ersWebzone