There are 155 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

How does Ted Ginn impact the draft board?

Joe Haden
Earl Thomas
Anthony Davis
Kyle Wilson
Mike Iupati

2 of these guys will be a Niner this time next week.
I think we get Earl Thomas/Joe Haden and Anthony Davis in the draft now. I'm really warming up to the idea of a Thomas/Goldson duo for the next 5-6 (hopefully more) years.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by miked1978:
Joe Haden
Earl Thomas
Anthony Davis
Kyle Wilson
Mike Iupati

Or Sergio Kindle.
Originally posted by mayo63:
Joe Haden
Earl Thomas
Anthony Davis
Kyle Wilson
Mike Iupati

Or Sergio Kindle.

Yeah I wouldn't mind him or BrandonGraham but I thingk we are going to hold off on a OLB in the first round since Ahmed Brooks has come to play.
  • fryet
  • Veteran
Now I wonder if the 49ers might consider trading up. Maybe getting Berry isn't outside the realm of possibility now. If I remember right, it would cost something like the #13 overall and a third round pick (assuming Berry isn't a top 5 selection). Would Berry have more impact on the team than the 2 players we could get if we kept our current selections? I personally think so. Then at 17 or second round, you can still grab the best OT and maybe also a guard.
Originally posted by SFCH3DDERZ:
Originally posted by MiamiNiner:
Increases the Joe Haden possibility at No. 13

Originally posted by genus49:
Honestly I don't think it changes that much at the top of the draft. I would be very upset if the 49ers would pass on better overall talent early on because another lesser skilled player was a better return man.

I still expect us to look at return guys. Ginn's spot on the team is hardly a sure thing.

lol what? you dont trade a 5th round pick for a need player and cut him dude...
I'm done speculatin'.

Our defense will be better after next Thursday night. Hopefully our O-line will be too. PR/KR was a major need that just got addressed for cheap.

We are in an enviable position come Thursday night.
Joe Haden
Earl Thomas
Anthony Davis
Kyle Wilson
Mike Iupati

Or Sergio Kindle.

Not at 17. I think they would have to trade back for Kindle.
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:
Honestly I don't think it changes that much at the top of the draft. I would be very upset if the 49ers would pass on better overall talent early on because another lesser skilled player was a better return man.

I still expect us to look at return guys. Ginn's spot on the team is hardly a sure thing.

yea, good thing he left out the 'i'
KR becomes a lesser priority...but, I wouldn't say it means Singletary/Baalke wouldn't still draft Spiller, particularly if Haden's already off the board. As much speed as Ginn provides, there's also something to be said for adding more of it..as in Spiller. Can you imagine teams kicking off to BOTH Ginn and Spiller? Pick yor poison. Plus, they could both be in the lineup on offense...Ginn in the slot and Spiller in the backfield...a double-dose of game-breaking ability.

More speed is one scenario...another is Haden, if he's available. If he's not and they choose not to add Spiller, I'd still be totally in favor of going Davis and Iupati. Just imagine what those two studs would add to our OL...hmm.
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
Joe Haden
Earl Thomas
Anthony Davis
Kyle Wilson
Mike Iupati

Or Sergio Kindle.

Yeah I wouldn't mind him or BrandonGraham but I thingk we are going to hold off on a OLB in the first round since Ahmed Brooks has come to play.

Maybe, but that would be a mistake. Brooks had a nice couple of games but so do a lot of guys, look at LaBoy for instance. We have a good NT and you can never have enough OLBs that can rush the passer in this system. If they think Kindle or Graham can be that guy, they should pick him. Teams like Pitt and NY always have good ones and still take them high in the draft.
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jta854:
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:

You're kidding, right? KR/PR is one of the biggest needs on this team, and that's what Ginn does well as proven NFL veteran. Unless he runs over one of Baalke's kids in the parking lot, Ginn is on the roster.

Originally posted by BirdmanJr:

[ Edited by ImaMod on Apr 16, 2010 at 2:25 PM ]
I've been seeing Kindle's name more lately...but, I'm not as big on him as say Graham, or even Sapp. In our defense, if you're a starting OLB, you have to be able to defend the pass, run and rush the passer. I'm hearing Sapp is totally healed from his injury...and I think he'd be a terrific pick...and he could likely be had in 2nd or even 3rd rd.
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
I've been seeing Kindle's name more lately...but, I'm not as big on him as say Graham, or even Sapp. In our defense, if you're a starting OLB, you have to be able to defend the pass, run and rush the passer. I'm hearing Sapp is totally healed from his injury...and I think he'd be a terrific pick...and he could likely be had in 2nd or even 3rd rd.

Agreed. I wouldn't even rule out a NT maybe? Abruayo still hasn't signed that tender.
[ Edited by NinerGM on Apr 16, 2010 at 2:42 PM ]