There are 54 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

How does Ted Ginn impact the draft board?

We still need a tackle, but now maybe they wait until the 2nd to get a corner - one who is great in coverage, but who isn't a surefire return guy.

To me, a guy like Brandon Graham suddenly seems a lot more appealing in the 1st round.
Spiller has less value now.
All it tells you is we won't be taking a receiver until late in the draft at best or taking Spiller.
Increases the Joe Haden possibility at No. 13
  • dman
  • Veteran
I wanted Spiller but not anymore.

Id like to go Haden and Graham maybe in the first (not sure we should take a RT that early).
Honestly I don't think it changes that much at the top of the draft. I would be very upset if the 49ers would pass on better overall talent early on because another lesser skilled player was a better return man.

I still expect us to look at return guys. Ginn's spot on the team is hardly a sure thing.
Originally posted by tjd808185:
All it tells you is we won't be taking a receiver until late in the draft at best or taking Spiller.

Agreed...we'll probably go OT/DB or OT/OLB with those two 1st rounders now.
Originally posted by genus49:
Honestly I don't think it changes that much at the top of the draft. I would be very upset if the 49ers would pass on better overall talent early on because another lesser skilled player was a better return man.

I still expect us to look at return guys. Ginn's spot on the team is hardly a sure thing.

You're kidding, right? KR/PR is one of the biggest needs on this team, and that's what Ginn does well as proven NFL veteran. Unless he runs over one of Baalke's kids in the parking lot, Ginn is on the roster.
[ Edited by GhostofFredDean74 on Apr 16, 2010 at 10:59 AM ]
I think we go OT and Haden
… I also think the odds of us drafting a WR just went from slim, to none.
I don't think it really changes our draft board too much. If we still rank Spiller high enough due to his change of pace abilities, receiving abilities, and KR abilities, then we still take him.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Quote:
Ginn's spot on the team is hardly a sure thing.

What?
Originally posted by mayo63:
Quote:
Ginn's spot on the team is hardly a sure thing.

What?

who said that
Originally posted by MiamiNiner:
Increases the Joe Haden possibility at No. 13

Originally posted by genus49: