There are 82 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Sando's Mock Draft (4/15)

Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
IF the Browns actually trade up to get Bradford as is being talked about, it could change the dynamics of the top 10. Nothing against Spiller, but if we have a shot at Haden, I think he'd be the better pick. He could understudy Clements this coming season and take over in 2011 or even sometime this year, who knows. OT and CB are greatest value for us...so I hope we go in that direction. Or, we could get Davis and Iupati and be done with the OL upgrade early. Very good CB's will be available in 2nd rd.

Davis and Pouncey would be a better duo than Davis-Iupati. Pouncey can play Center and Guard -- he's such a good center he could even push Heitmann for a job (move Heitmann to G) -- on par w/ Alex Mack as a OG/C prospect. A nice scenario would be to trade the #13 to NE for the #22 and #53, taking Davis at #17 and Pouncey at #22. Then at #49 and #53 we could take a DB and a pass rusher -- it would be nice to get a DB who can also return punts..or hope McCluster falls to the 3rd round.
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Originally posted by nickbradley:
love that 1st rd

Not a Spiller-phile myself..

you would be after the 1st gm. we get our our tackle and adding spiller would make our offense so much more dangerous. how can anyone not want an offense of an improving smith, vd, crabtree, gore and spiller with our oline making a huge improvement adding davis

Spiller is not some superman who will come in from day one and make dynamic plays. Matter of fact, if drafted, he would likely be purely special teams his 1st season. I doubt his hands would see the ball at all on offense.
love that 1st rd

Not a Spiller-phile myself..

you would be after the 1st gm. we get our our tackle and adding spiller would make our offense so much more dangerous. how can anyone not want an offense of an improving smith, vd, crabtree, gore and spiller with our oline making a huge improvement adding davis

Dez > Spiller

Why is Spiller so valuable if he's only gonna get 5 - 7 carries a game, a couple catches, and return kicks? From my understanding, he's not a great punt returner...Dez Bryant is actually a better PR. I've also heard people say that they don't necesarily think that CJ Spiller is any better than Jahvid Best -- injury concerns make Spiller better (but they say Best is a better pure runner).

Better off with Davis at RT, Crabtree and Dez at wideout, Morgan in the slot, Davis at TE, and Gore pounding the rock. We may be able to make a move for Best in the 2nd as well.

the thing is no way we take bryant. only offensive weapon we'll take is spiller

Why? Any proof? PR is a bigger need than KR, and Dez is a better PR than CJ. Also, the 49ers have stated that Dez's character concerns are not an issue, and Sing and Baalke have both attended his workout and brought him in for a tryout. Has CJ Spiller visited the 49ers?

visiting a team doesnt mean you'll get drafted by them, it all can be a smokescreen to get some team to fall in love with bryant and worry about us drafting him that they'll give up more to trade up. i dont see us as a team paying 2 wrs a whole bunch of money when we still got willis and vd up for pretty big pay days. dont get me wrong i wouldnt be upset with bryant but i just know that we wont spend big money on 2 wrs when we can go oline and best defensive player in the 1st. i still think spiller is our top playmaker on our board

So we should spend big $$$ on 2 RBs instead? I don't understand the logic behind that one.

Given $$$$s for top 10 players which both meet, it is a matter of impact for $$$$, more for your buck. In this case, I would most certainly go with Spiller especially given Gore's proneness to injury.

We all assume that Gore will be healthy for 100% of the season. Yea, like that is going to happen. Therefore, we are underestimating the resulting touches Spiller will have as a RB let alone WR and those wonderful KR and PR if our D forces punts and our O scores TDs. IMO, Spiller will get more than 20 touches.

Given his TD to touch ratio in college VS Bryant's, I'll take Spiller.
While I like Spiller and think that Bryant has talent, I'd rather go OT and some kind of DB in this draft.

In todays league, you can never have enough DBs, and the top two safeties are cover guys that play like CBs. The spread or some version of this offense is big in the NFL today. We really do not have that much DB talent, and could really use some.

I think there are opportunities later in the draft for change of pace RBs, some like McCluster who can play the slot and mix things up.

Don't get me wrong, I like Spiller and do not want to see him on any team in our division because of his speed and homerun threat. I just think we have bigger needs.

Now if we were able to engineer a trade down, and pick up some extra draft choices in the 2nd round, then I might place more value on Spiller.

To me, once you get past Okung and Williams, the rest of the OTs are not in the same class. They maybe someday, but not right now.
love that 1st rd
no way KC picks a S that high
[ Edited by hungarian9erfan on Apr 16, 2010 at 11:06 AM ]