There are 162 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Clausen and Dez could both be available at #13 (Trade Options)

Clausen and Dez could both be available at #13

I'm not saying that we should take either two, but it could turn out that the two best players available at #13 are players we may not want...although I think Dez would be a great pick there.

What if the Top 12 Go this way:

1 STL - QB Bradford
2 DET - DT Suh
3 TB - DT McCoy
4 WAS - OT Okung
5 KC - OT Bulaga
6 SEA - S Berry
7 CLE - CB Haden
8 OAK - OT T. Williams
9 BUF - RB CJ Spiller ** I have seen this pick in more and more mocks
10 JAX - S Earl Thomas ** NFL Network reported last night that Thomas is shooting up draft boards, which I expected
11 DEN - MLB Rolando McClain ** Denver has far, far bigger needs on Defense than at WR -- they will be just fine w/ Royal and Scheffler -- maybe picking up Golden Tate in the 2nd if he's there
12 MIA - NT Dan Williams ** Since they landed B-Marsh, their two biggest needs at NT and pass-rusher; since its much harder to land a NT, they go with Williams
13 SF - ???

At this spot, I think our phone should be ringing off the hook, since SEA could take either player at #14.

Teams that may trade up for Clausen at fair value based on the draft value chart:

Cleveland - #13 for #38, #71, #85, and a 2nd rounder in 2011 (2011 picks = 50% of current year value)
Minnesota - #13 #30, #62, #93, and a 2nd rounder in 2011 (2011 picks = 50% of current year value)
Arizona - Probably wouldn't trade with a rival, but would be #13 for #26, #58, and #89
Oakland - #13 for #39, #69, #106, #138, and a 2011 2nd rounder
Buffalo - #13 for #41, #72, and a 1st rounder in 2011

Teams that may trade up for Dez Bryant at fair value based on the draft value chart:

Dallas - #27, #59, #90, and a 4th rounder in 2011
New England - Many options, but the #13 for #22 and #53 is a straight-evel deal.
Cincinatti - #13 for #21 and #54
Arizona - See above

Another possibility is the Eagles trying to move up for Derrick Morgan -- he's gone at #15 if they don't trade up. They could send us the #24, #37, and #87 in exchange for the #13, #79, and #113

Of course, other teams could trade away future #1s but I don't think they like to do that much.

Out of all of these, I think the most likely would be New England (first), Minnesota (second), Philly (Third), Dallas (Fourth), and Cincinatti (5th)

We could also stay put and take Dez...
[ Edited by nickbradley on Apr 16, 2010 at 7:05 AM ]
It just makes no sense that Cleveland Buffalo and the Raiders would all pass on Clausen then trade so many picks to jump right back up to take him. Maybe if he fell to the 20's. They could've just drafted him in the 1st place and kept those picks to fill other needs.

Why would the Cards, or Cincy want to trade up for Dez Bryant? Why would the Eagles trade up for Derrick Morgan?
I dont think Cleveland goes with Haden especially after trading for sheldon brown
Originally posted by valrod33:
I dont think Cleveland goes with Haden especially after trading for sheldon brown

The could also go w/ Earl Thomas.
Originally posted by nickbradley:

yeah i agree they could use the safety help especially if Berry is gone by the time they pick
Originally posted by lamontb:
It just makes no sense that Cleveland Buffalo and the Raiders would all pass on Clausen then trade so many picks to jump right back up to take him. Maybe if he fell to the 20's. They could've just drafted him in the 1st place and kept those picks to fill other needs.

Why would the Cards, or Cincy want to trade up for Dez Bryant? Why would the Eagles trade up for Derrick Morgan?

It makes sense with Oakland, since they have a more pressing need at OT. Oakland could end up landing a Franchise Left Tackle and a Franchise QB in the same draft.

Cleveland has the ammo to trade up -- filling the bigger need at #7 and then deciding they still want Clausen. Buffalo is more of a stretch.

Arizona needs another WR to replace Boldin, and Cincy needs a QB. Both teams are often mocked taking Dez at their pick -- but he won't fall that far.

yeah i agree they could use the safety help especially if Berry is gone by the time they pick

Yes, then JAX would take Haden. I just thought back-to-back safeties in the Top 10 wouldn't pass the smell test.
The rumors of Cleveland trading up for Bradford would throw this off. St Louis would likely take Claussen at 7 if this comes to fruition.
[ Edited by Nuns on Apr 16, 2010 at 7:45 AM ]
Originally posted by Nuns:
The rumors of Cleveland trading up for Bradford would throw this off. St Louis would likely take Claussen at 7 if this comes to fruition.

I think that rumor is BS; that's the impression Holmgren gave as well. He said that you would have to trade away your whole draft 'like Mike Ditka did'.

Perhaps they were interested but STL wanted an unrealistic price for the #1.

But if it were to happen, Joe Haden or Earl Thomas would fall to 13.

I can see the Eagles trading up a few slots for Graham or JPP if they get past 16 but I don't think they look to move up too far, think they are looking to restock the shelves and continue to get younger.

I agree with passing on Clausen to trade back up that high, it's nonsensical. They go after him when he hits 20 ish. If Cleveland was planning on dumping off that much to grab a QB it would be a deal with St.Louis for Bradford. Buffalo needs 3 players at premium positions (QB, LT & 3-4 NT) so I doubt they sell their souls to jump up that high. And with Oakland bringing in Boller now it's pretty much a lock they won't draft any 1st round QB at this point.

The Cards and Bengals are not trading up for Bryant, Cincy just inked Antonio Bryant and the Cards have Breaston and a guy named Doucet who turned it on finally at season's end last year. I can see AZ taking a mid round WR but nothing early in all likelihood.

Correct sir, if they stand pat then it is Odrick or pass rusher if Berry is not there. Otherwise they could move down (possibly even up for Berry if they feel that strongly about him).
Originally posted by Nuns:

I think that rumor is BS; that's the impression Holmgren gave as well. He said that you would have to trade away your whole draft 'like Mike Ditka did'.

Perhaps they were interested but STL wanted an unrealistic price for the #1.

But if it were to happen, Joe Haden or Earl Thomas would fall to 13.

If they're not interested in trading away the draft for Bradford why would they trade away the draft for Claussen? Not to mention the fact that they already made this mistake once with Brady Quinn.

If they want Claussen they'll take him at 7. End of story.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Apr 16, 2010 at 7:52 AM ]

It makes sense with Oakland, since they have a more pressing need at OT. Oakland could end up landing a Franchise Left Tackle and a Franchise QB in the same draft.

Cleveland has the ammo to trade up -- filling the bigger need at #7 and then deciding they still want Clausen. Buffalo is more of a stretch.

Arizona needs another WR to replace Boldin, and Cincy needs a QB. Both teams are often mocked taking Dez at their pick -- but he won't fall that far.

But if you really want a Qb you take then and worry bout the OT later on not the other way around Especially with Buffalo right behind you. Samething for Cleveland if you want the guy you take him where you can get him. This would be more plausible if he fell into the 20's.

Arizona has Breaston and Doucet along with another guy I can't remember to replace Boldin. No way do they trade up for a WR. i don't see Jacksonville that has no WR's and no offensive and special teams play makers at all will pass on Spiller and Bryant

But if you really want a Qb you take then and worry bout the OT later on not the other way around Especially with Buffalo right behind you. Samething for Cleveland if you want the guy you take him where you can get him. This would be more plausible if he fell into the 20's.

Arizona has Breaston and Doucet along with another guy I can't remember to replace Boldin. No way do they trade up for a WR. i don't see Jacksonville that has no WR's and no offensive and special teams play makers at all will pass on Spiller and Bryant

Not to mention the Jags have made it clear they would like to trade down, and that is no smokescreen. They have no 2nd round pick and could use help in quite a few areas.
Originally posted by KRS-1:

I can see the Eagles trading up a few slots for Graham or JPP if they get past 16 but I don't think they look to move up too far, think they are looking to restock the shelves and continue to get younger.

I agree with passing on Clausen to trade back up that high, it's nonsensical. They go after him when he hits 20 ish. If Cleveland was planning on dumping off that much to grab a QB it would be a deal with St.Louis for Bradford. Buffalo needs 3 players at premium positions (QB, LT & 3-4 NT) so I doubt they sell their souls to jump up that high. And with Oakland bringing in Boller now it's pretty much a lock they won't draft any 1st round QB at this point.

The Cards and Bengals are not trading up for Bryant, Cincy just inked Antonio Bryant and the Cards have Breaston and a guy named Doucet who turned it on finally at season's end last year. I can see AZ taking a mid round WR but nothing early in all likelihood.

Correct sir, if they stand pat then it is Odrick or pass rusher if Berry is not there. Otherwise they could move down (possibly even up for Berry if they feel that strongly about him).

You may say its nonsensical, but Cleveland did exactly that in 2007. They traded up 14 spots to #22 in order to take Quinn. That's a 240 point gap on the trade value chart, and they send a future #1; if future picks are worth 50% of the current year, then they should have sent a future #2. They ended up spending 2.5x what they should have.

Now they can do that again, but this time it would be an even exchange.
Originally posted by KRS-1:

Not to mention the Jags have made it clear they would like to trade down, and that is no smokescreen. They have no 2nd round pick and could use help in quite a few areas.

JAX has stated Dez Bryant is off their draft board, and CJ Spiller would be a STUPID move with MJD already on the roster.