There are 158 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

49ers draft Special!!

Originally posted by fan49:
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Trent Williams isn't a first rounder? They honestly believe that? He's a good RT and has good character and he's pretty athletic. He's possibly a top 10 pick. MM's a good beat writer, Eric Davis is a good commentator/former player, neither of them are good talent scouts. I disagree with Davis on Haden also, I like Thomas too but I actually like Haden a little better.

Everybodys says he is the best physical specimen, but he has no positive tape on him. Most people say he needs a lot of work and is raw. am I mistaken for Cambell? I could have made a mistake I wrote after watching.

I think you're talking about Campbell. Williams played well at RT his first like 2 years at OKlahoma before he was switched to LT and didn't do as well this year. He tested pretty well at the combine too though.
Trent Williams isn't a first rounder? They honestly believe that? He's a good RT and has good character and he's pretty athletic. He's possibly a top 10 pick. MM's a good beat writer, Eric Davis is a good commentator/former player, neither of them are good talent scouts. I disagree with Davis on Haden also, I like Thomas too but I actually like Haden a little better.

Everybodys says he is the best physical specimen, but he has no positive tape on him. Most people say he needs a lot of work and is raw. am I mistaken for Cambell? I could have made a mistake I wrote after watching.

I think you're talking about Campbell. Williams played well at RT his first like 2 years at OKlahoma before he was switched to LT and didn't do as well this year. He tested pretty well at the combine too though.

one of them was the best in athletic ability for T, but no experience, thats who they mentioned was not a 1st. said he would sit for a few years. The AL Davis special...?

one of them was the best in athletic ability for T, but no experience, thats who they mentioned was not a 1st. said he would sit for a few years. The AL Davis special...?

Cambell yes. Williams no. Williams is definitely not a project if you put him at RT.

so your saying haden has more stop and go speed than Thomas? Dunno bout that? Question for you what position did eric play? I know just askin you

Eric played corner, duh.

I'm not saying Haden has more stop and go speed than Thomas but I think he could be a really good player. Thomas I'm a huge fan of an I've been driving the bandwagon on this board for like 2 months for picking him, I really like his production he reminds me of Bethea or Reed a little bit. But Joe Haden did pretty dang well going against a lot of good wide outs, IIRC this year he played Brandon LaFell and LaFell didn't do anything vs him, he played Gilyard and shut him down for the first 3 quarters in their bowl game, and he has played other good WRs too this year. Davis probably knows a lot more about the game of football than I do but I wouldn't be surprised if I've watched more of each player than he has. Corner is a little more of a need than safety IMO, and I don't think Haden's speed is as bad as Davis makes it out to be. I wouldn't be surprised if he could cover those little corners who always kill us. But I'd love to have ET too. I kind of agree with Mayock that Thomas might be the best Safety in this draft after his 8 INT year. But I definitely think Haden's the best CB this year, and he has very good character.

That's Bruce Campbell. He's not skilled like a 1st rounder but he has the talent to be one. The Raiders will probably draft him.

so your saying haden has more stop and go speed than Thomas? Dunno bout that? Question for you what position did eric play? I know just askin you

Eric played corner, duh.

I'm not saying Haden has more stop and go speed than Thomas but I think he could be a really good player. Thomas I'm a huge fan of an I've been driving the bandwagon on this board for like 2 months for picking him, I really like his production he reminds me of Bethea or Reed a little bit. But Joe Haden did pretty dang well going against a lot of good wide outs, IIRC this year he played Brandon LaFell and LaFell didn't do anything vs him, he played Gilyard and shut him down for the first 3 quarters in their bowl game, and he has played other good WRs too this year. Davis probably knows a lot more about the game of football than I do but I wouldn't be surprised if I've watched more of each player than he has. Corner is a little more of a need than safety IMO, and I don't think Haden's speed is as bad as Davis makes it out to be. I wouldn't be surprised if he could cover those little corners who always kill us. But I'd love to have ET too. I kind of agree with Mayock that Thomas might be the best Safety in this draft after his 8 INT year. But I definitely think Haden's the best CB this year, and he has very good character.

maybe hes not a scout but thats my point. a corner in the pros can tell another good corner. But look at our safeties roman didnt have a pick in 3 years. dashon had a few. but he hits so hard move him to ss. finally we might have a ball hawk back there. I wouldnt mind taking haden if we got mays if he lasts to round 2. so we could have spencer- haden and then goldson and mays wreakon havoc on any receiver on the field. Our d would be FFFFEEEAARRRRED!!!! Every reciever would hear footsteps. with willis out ther too. Thats a singletary defense. And ronnie Lott would be proud!
[ Edited by fan49 on Apr 15, 2010 at 11:53 PM ]
damn Im glad I summarized this for you guys. 100 views no comments.... i edited so its says less

Thanks brah!