LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 425 users in the forums

Eric Davis says Earl Thomas > Haden

for me I think its who you value more, Michael Lewis or Shantae Spencer. BEcause if you draft Haden you send Spencer to the bench and if you draft THomas you send Lewis to the bench. Good depth regardless. Because of this I would go with Thomas because Spencer is solid as a no.2 cornerback. Overall talent wise eric davis also said Thomas is a pro bowl caliber DB while hadens hype is based on speed

But Brandon Graham at 17 would be my choice because their just arent many elite pass rushers in this draft. ( im assuming no.13 is a tackle)
i think Haden starts as nickel. But if anyone goes, I'd say Clements before Spencer.
  • DVDA
  • Veteran
Any defensive back the 49ers draft will be a nickel or dime back their rookie year, similar to what the Saints did with Malcolm Jenkins.
Honestly, I think Thomas would make a better CB than Haden as well. I don't believe Haden is a top 20 pick, he's a 1st round talent, but not top 20.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Thomas can play CB and S, I say Thomas.
I agree.
  • LA_NINERS
  • Info N/A
Haden's a beast.
Originally posted by mayo63:
Thomas can play CB and S, I say Thomas.
Originally posted by LA_NINERS:
Haden's a beast.

Haden is underrated.
either people love him or they hate him.
Originally posted by ishkabibel:
i think Haden starts as nickel. But if anyone goes, I'd say Clements before Spencer.

+1 (nate is eventually going to have to move to safety)

I agree
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
I agree.
  • fan49
  • Veteran

Spencer was our best corner last season!

For why?? Although Thomas at CB and Clements at S sounds pretty nice
[ Edited by Ibleedgoldnred on Apr 15, 2010 at 9:39 PM ]
  • fan49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LA_NINERS:
Haden's a beast.

according to davis, he has straight line speed. but no stop go speed, and thats the more important speed. a couple of cuts and haden might get burnt. not mispelled i meant it to sound that way
[ Edited by fan49 on Apr 15, 2010 at 10:42 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone