There are 144 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Will 2011 be the 'Year of the Quarterback', Like '83 and '99?

Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
perfect timing since this is Axle Smith's last chance to prove he's worth a s**t.

Jake Locker

Locker is a dumba$$ for not coming out this year, where he would have went #1. Next year, he's the #3 QB if Mallett and Luck both declare.
2011 looks like a real strong year for QB's on paper. I don't think we are picking high enough to get any of them though. Or maybe we will.
I remember last year, people were drooling over Snead, Bradford and McCoy...

-9fA
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by DaFaro49ers:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Pryor is hot garbage.

Id take taht HOT GARBAGE ON THE 49ERS ALL DAY! DUDE IS A GAME CHANGER.

Yah he is!!! Whenever he throws a pick they lose!!!!
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
perfect timing since this is Axle Smith's last chance to prove he's worth a s**t.

Jake Locker

Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
2011 looks like a real strong year for QB's on paper. I don't think we are picking high enough to get any of them though. Or maybe we will.

Well if we're not picking high enough next year it probably means Alex plays well enough this year to prove himself, so either way we win.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

Where is Christian Ponder?

Originally posted by miked1978:
Where is Christian Ponder?

Probably nowhere near the first round
[ Edited by jreff22 on Apr 15, 2010 at 5:46 PM ]
2011= no claussen in 2010...i hope
  • DVDA
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:

-9fA

This, although I do like that most of the 2011 guys are running pro style offenses instead of the spread.
Originally posted by 23zack80:
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:

-9fA

This, although I do like that most of the 2011 guys are running pro style offenses instead of the spread.

Andy Luck sh*ts on Bradford, and Locker blows away Clausen; Mallett is his own animal, I don't even know of a comparable QB since Bledsoe.
Originally posted by ramanz16:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

Well if we're not picking high enough next year it probably means Alex plays well enough this year to prove himself, so either way we win.

That's a nice and tidy scenario:

If Smith sucks, we get a high enough pick to replace him.

If Smith excels, we don't need another QB.

The only other scenario is if Smith sucks and we 'win ugly' despite him. What if we geta Right Tackle, the O-Line starts run-blocking effectively, and we win 10 or 11 games with defense and ball control?

In that scenario, I think the front office is in a tough position.
i'm a Michigan fan and I give Pryor his props he seemed to be stepping up as a qb later in the season. He's gonna need all 4 years though
at Pryor being a 1st rounder.