There are 68 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Baalke Speaks

Originally posted by 49ersMan420:
"We're going to get the player we have targeted, believe me."

makes me wonder if they are gonna move up....

I wouldn't read into anything Baalke said today whatsoever. He gave the most general answers possible and left every option open. Him saying we'll get our player is just another way to keep the media off his back, because this draft basically is a job interview for him - a job interview conducted in the broiler room.

Baalke said basically what he should have said as a guy who'd really only interacted with the media a couple times - the most generic answers possible and keeping his cards very close to his chest.
We have no character concerns with Dez Bryant, translation, we do not want to draft him, but we want to appear to like him, so someone drafts him ahead of us letting another player slide.

Everything said by a GM or coach a week before the draft is a smoke screen.
Kind of interesting that Baalke spoke to only the four beat writers (Maiocco, Barrows, Lynch, and...Brown?). It's not a particularly good sign that the 49ers have gone all secretive/paranoid these days, although it's not really a new phenomenon.

Nobody can talk with any of the assistant coaches. The coordinators only are available for one 15 minute session a week, and only during the regular season. Given that they're trying to get a new stadium and that they haven't won much in the past eight years, you'd think that they'd be a little more outgoing in a PR sense and a little more fan-friendly with information.

But what do I know? All I can hope is that they have an A+ draft or they're going to appear like the Raiders.
[ Edited by Yetiman on Apr 15, 2010 at 6:21 PM ]
  • dman
  • Veteran
"Cousin Larry! WoW!"
Doesn't matter if it's Scot or Baalke, doesn't matter they have 13 and 17, the bottom line is they will find a way to screw it up.

In the York era, that's the 49'er way.
Originally posted by 9erred:
We have no character concerns with Dez Bryant, translation, we do not want to draft him, but we want to appear to like him, so someone drafts him ahead of us letting another player slide.

Everything said by a GM or coach a week before the draft is a smoke screen.

Well said
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
Man sooo close to the draft. Cant f**king wait

+1
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home