LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 281 users in the forums

Browns have talked to the Rams..

• FL9er
  • Veteran
And what purpose does it serve the Browns to leak this out? To deflect attention away from their true target (Eric Berry, Joe Haden, Derrick Morgan-their "rumored" top 3 choices).
Originally posted by ghostrider:
Originally posted by KRS-1:
Originally posted by Yoda_I_Be:
It could, but IMO only if the rams love Clausen.

Then the rams take bradford and the browns take clausen and they do a swap with a few extra picks thrown in. But I don't think it will happen, it rarely does.

Not so fast, if they really like McCoy they could pick him up at the top of the 2nd and still land a pass rusher like Morgan, a DB like Berry or Haden or a WR like Bryant at 7.

Maybe, but I think it would be some serious gambling on their part to assume Colt McCoy would make it to the 2nd round. He very well could make it but if the Vikings take him (which makes perfect sense in my head) they'd be stuck drafting Tebow in the 2nd. Because of that, I'd be pretty surprised if they passed on Bradford and Clausen.

You took the words right out of my mouth.

I actually like McCoy more than Clausen, but if they passed on Bradford or Clausen and wound up sitting at 33 with no McCoy they would get lambasted by their fans and media.

If they do pass on a QB in the 1st, I would suspect they would trade the 7th pick too and drop down into the late teens early twenties and wind up with McCoy and a but load of 2nd and 3rd round picks to fill other needs.
Originally posted by FL9er:
And what purpose does it serve the Browns to leak this out? To deflect attention away from their true target (Eric Berry, Joe Haden, Derrick Morgan-their "rumored" top 3 choices).

What if their real target is Clausen, and they don't want another team, i.e. the Bills, to jump ahead of them to take him.

All that stuff about Holmgren not liking him, now this about them wanting to trade up for Bradford, couldn't it just be a smokescreen to disguise their true intent and protect their draft pick?
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
interesting indeed.
Originally posted by oldninerdude:
Originally posted by FL9er:

What if their real target is Clausen, and they don't want another team, i.e. the Bills, to jump ahead of them to take him.

All that stuff about Holmgren not liking him, now this about them wanting to trade up for Bradford, couldn't it just be a smokescreen to disguise their true intent and protect their draft pick?

I think so
Share 49ersWebzone