There are 143 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

49erswebzone collaborative big board: #12

49erswebzone collaborative big board: #12

Who do you want to be #12 on the 49ers big board? In other words, if the 49ers were choosing #12, and these players were already taken, who would you want them to choose? (If you want to vote for a player that doesn't appear in the poll, just write them in a post and I will put them in the poll.) The final count for the poll will be taken tonight at 12:00 PST.

Players already taken:
DT Ndamukong Suh
OT Russell Okung
S Eric Berry
DT Gerald McCoy
OT Bryan Bulaga
OT Trent Williams
CB Joe Haden
QB Sam Bradford
RB C.J. Spiller
OT Anthony Davis
S Earl Thomas
I voted for Williams, just because one, I do not think Dez Bryant will be a great reciever in the NFL, good but not great. And two I think he is going to cause headaches for whatever team drafts him with a possible holdout and general "diva-ness". I also don't believe that he would get much pt because Singletary and the other coaches are high on Josh Morgan and the niners don't use three WR sets a ton and I don't think Dez Bryant is really a slot reciever. And lastly they would be using 2 first round picks in consecutive drafts on WR's and I don't think they want to invest so much in one position. So in short, my pick is Williams.
[ Edited by Superbowl09 on Apr 14, 2010 at 9:38 AM ]
Why would we want Dez Bryant over Dan Williams? I would like someone who voted for him to explain why, cause it doesn't make sense to me. Dez Bryant is not a need, Williams is. And I think Williams is the better pick even if you are going strickly by BPA.
The draft will be here before you guys get to the #20
Originally posted by Superbowl09:
Why would we want Dez Bryant over Dan Williams? I would like someone who voted for him to explain why, cause it doesn't make sense to me. Dez Bryant is not a need, Williams is. And I think Williams is the better pick even if you are going strickly by BPA.
I voted for Dez. One reason is that Dez Bryant would start year one. Dan Williams would be a backup and spell Franklin every once in a while. Bryant is also a very good punt returner which is a huge need. He would bring some more explosiveness to our offense as well. Williams would be valuable, but it takes a few years for D-linemen to develop, and if he did develop quickly, Franklin would still be the starter. Dez Bryant can help us win the division now!
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
The draft will be here before you guys get to the #20

Our big board is only going to 17.
Originally posted by Superbowl09:

Dez Bryant is the type who can go up and get jump balls. With the type of offense we want to run and the types of quarterbacks we have, I think he could fit in well with us.

We have Franklin, and we have Soap as a backup who the coaches seem to be comfortable with as a backup NT. The draft is also pretty deep at NT.

It's not a slam dunk, but I think Bryant can give us more impact than Williams can.

I don't see Bryant as another Owens or Marshall type of poisonous personality. I see him more like a cocky Michael Irvin type. But what the heck, maybe we need that?

With Bryant and Crabtree, our quarterbacks could just heave the ball up in the air, without depending upon perfect Manning/Brady like accuracy.