There are 156 users in the forums

Could Tebow be the next Montana

Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
. . . Everyone knows that Nate Davis is the next Joe Montana

This!

Tebow's best comparison might be Joe Kapp. Tremendous leadership skills, tough as nails, no quit, poor but effective throwing motion, unafraid to pull it down and run over people, winner.

Tebow needs to play in a cold-weather city without a domed stadium or an Astroturf field. A place where blood, guts and 17 points per game makes a winner. A place where fans are ready to sit down and have a beer with Tebow.
[ Edited by jimbagg on Apr 14, 2010 at 10:56 AM ]
  • titan
  • Veteran
We can say he may be the next surprise QB, but next Montana....Never!
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:

Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
. . . Everyone knows that Nate Davis is the next Joe Montana

This.

Seriously, though . . . Tebow is the anti-Montana. Montana was not loved by his coaches at ND, unlike Tebow at Florida. In fact, Devine tried his damnest to derail Montana's career before he got to the pros: he demoted him as a starter and just considered him a blight on the team. Unfortunate for him though, all Montana did was produce on the field. His erractic treatment in college and his coach's low esteem were probably reasons for his falling in the draft. Other reasons as well, of course.

Montana was never a goody-two-shoes like Tebow is and I'm pretty sure he wasn't leading any prayer meetings. But his throwing fundamentals were oh so smooth. They did not have to be retooled like Tebow is having to do with his.

Other than that, sure . . . possibly they're both winners.
Originally posted by DaveWilcox:
No, Tebow will not be the 2nd coming, he'll be lucky to start in the NFL within 3 years.
Originally posted by socalfan21:
Yeah... maybe Hannah Montana

Good one!

When Montana came out, his arm strength was considered average not weak. Also he played in an offensive that was for the most part normal-not the spread. He was considered skinny-Dwight Clark thought he was a punter. His major flaw was that he was inconsistent, but was clutch when he had to be.

Of course the biggest reason he won't be-there is no Bill Walsh around.
as long as he is not being pegged as the next RapeBerger
[ Edited by ads_2006 on Apr 14, 2010 at 2:29 PM ]
Originally posted by bigmike55:

I don't see the resemblence

since tebow and cyrus both bug the s**t outta me:

he aint s**t! she aint s**t!

Originally posted by Digger25:
Originally posted by bigmike55: