There are 139 users in the forums

Could Tebow be the next Montana

Originally posted by Kolohe:
IMO the 2nd coming of Montana has already arrived in the NFL by the name of Tom Brady. Hes the closes thing to Joe cool.

yea, hes montana-esque. He never had to score a TD to win a SB tho, and thus will never be equal (and lost a SB).
So far Tebow is the second comming of Alex Smith.

Comes from the same system, has good numbers on paper, has to rebuild his mechanics from scratch.

Joe came form a pro style offence in ND.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by darkknight49:
IMO the 2nd coming of Montana has already arrived in the NFL by the name of Tom Brady. Hes the closes thing to Joe cool.

yea, hes montana-esque. He never had to score a TD to win a SB tho, and thus will never be equal (and lost a SB).

I agree with you, but hes the only one so far in this decade to lead his team to multiple Super Bowl wins. That's pretty much what I was trying to get at.

Tebow has a long ways to be the next anything or anyone. He still has to work on his footwork, taking snaps from under center, learn to read a defense while dropping back, and at the same time, hes gotta show that "It" factor while doing all that. That's why I think if we were to draft him, he would need to sit for a while, and keep our expectations of him low.

I agree with you, but hes the only one so far in this decade to lead his team to multiple Super Bowl wins. That's pretty much what I was trying to get at.

Tebow has a long ways to be the next anything or anyone. He still has to work on his footwork, taking snaps from under center, learn to read a defense while dropping back, and at the same time, hes gotta show that "It" factor while doing all that. That's why I think if we were to draft him, he would need to sit for a while, and keep our expectations of him low.

didnt ben rapeherberger lead his team to 2 sb's this decade?
Originally posted by crabman82:

yes sir. And he actually threw a TD pass to win it.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by crabman82:

I said multiple. And Brady is the better passer to Ben R..
Originally posted by socalfan21:
Yeah... maybe Hannah Montana

I don't see the resemblence
  • DVDA
  • Veteran

• TX9R
  • Veteran
Tebow has a better chance to be the next Tony Montana than Joe. If anyone mirrors Joe in college it's Colt McCoy: undersized, average arm, but just won at a big time program.
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb

could Chad Henne be the next Tom Brady

Originally posted by LB49ers:
Let me start out as saying I am in no way in favor of drafting Tebow in the first two rounds but......Look at when Montana was drafted Too Small, Weak Arm but all he did at ND is lead comebacks and win. Fast forward to 2010 Tebow Horrible delivery, Too slow on his drop questionable arm but all he does is win. Just playing devils advocate.

Sorry, but even the devil would not advocate this argument.
. . . Everyone knows that Nate Davis is the next Joe Montana
If he's there in the 3rd round I'd be happy to have him. He won't be and I don't want to spend a first 2 round pick on him.

If he's rushed into things he'll fail. If he goes to a team that has good players around him and gives him time to adjust to the game and learn from the sidelines for a year or two I think he can be pretty special.

People love to hate on the guy because of the media coverage he gets but he really is a great kid who loves the game. He has talent but needs to grow and fix things to be a successful NFL qb.
You never know I mean who thought Tom Brady was going to be good, I mean the greatest QB of all time JOE MONTANA was not even picked to the 3rd round. QB's are the hardest to predict he could be the next Tom Brady or the Next Ken Dorsey. s**t all i know is i will flip s**t if we pick Clausen in the first round!
I like Tebow, but no, I don't think he'll be the next Montana.
Share 49ersWebzone