LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 402 users in the forums

OG/OT John Jerry Visited the 49ers

Originally posted by GorefullBore:
I wish AB or OTC would offer their opinon as to if he can play RT or not.

Jerry could play tackle... But if you want him to be dominant, it's best you leave him at the guard position.

Jerry is not quite as athletic as you'd like a tackle to be, left or right, but for his size he's surprisingly mobile. Quicker defensive players though are not his strong suit, and that would likely become very evident if Jerry was moved out to tackle.

Keep him at guard. If Jerry is available in the 3rd, he'd be a very good pick there.
If we pick up Jerry I think it would be to replace Rachal as our RG.
Originally posted by saniner:

Were not gonna put 2 rookies side by side
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
Originally posted by LottOfDefense:
Hopefully they will draft an OT and a OT/G hybrid who could back up this year and possibly start next year.

An OT in round 1 and maybe John Jerry is round 3 would be awesome

I think the Niners would have to move up about 10 spots to get Jerry in the third round. But we already have enough backups. Unless a guard can start immediately for Baas, I don't see the use in selecting a guard, unless the Niners also trade Baas, possibly to move up one of their picks. Otherwise, this means a free agent guard or Iupati.
Originally posted by jreff22:

I wouldn't expect him to start right away, I just think RG is his best spot, just like Iupati would be drafted for LG. I'm only saying if we draft him, it could mean we're looking for Rachals replacement

I wouldn't expect him to start right away, I just think RG is his best spot, just like Iupati would be drafted for LG. I'm only saying if we draft him, it could mean we're looking for Rachals replacement

He would replace Baas ASAP
Originally posted by PTulini:
Quote:

The 49ers hosted Ole Miss offensive lineman John Jerry on Sunday and Monday, according to Jerry's agent. Jerry - 6-6, 328 pounds - is intriguing because he is considered the second-best guard in the draft behind Idaho's Mike Iupati but also played tackle in college. Jerry was impressive at guard during Senior Bowl practices in January, and he also looked good when he bounced out to right tackle. He might be an option for the 49ers in the second round, especially if they don't draft a tackle in the first. My sense is the 49ers want a real mauler on the right side. Jerry is just that.

-- Matt Barrows

LINK HERE

Been claiming this for awhile:

My ideal first 3 rounds would be as follows:

1a) Trent Williams (RT)
1b) Joe Haden (CB)
2) Jerry Hughes (OLB)
3) John Jerry (LG)

Chances of this happening are slim to none, but grabbing three of these four would make me very happy. That situation would have us hitting on only one of Williams or Haden, then bumping the other two up one round each.
[ Edited by abowers1984 on Apr 16, 2010 at 1:40 AM ]

Why do you feel he can only play RG, he actually played some LT at Ole Miss. Baas probably wont be here past this year and grabbing his replacement this year would make perfect sense.

Rachal has improved significantly and is only going to get better... Believe that.
If Singletary/Baalke don't go Davis & Iupati in the 1st, Jerry would be a decent pick, but I'd rather have Mike Johnson or Asomoah. Agree WRT the mauler mindset...that was pre-Solari, things will change, trust me. He wants guys who're light on their feet...they can still be big like Davis/Iupati, but quickness is what he's looking for.
Share 49ersWebzone