There are 169 users in the forums

OG/OT John Jerry Visited the 49ers

Quote:

The 49ers hosted Ole Miss offensive lineman John Jerry on Sunday and Monday, according to Jerry's agent. Jerry - 6-6, 328 pounds - is intriguing because he is considered the second-best guard in the draft behind Idaho's Mike Iupati but also played tackle in college. Jerry was impressive at guard during Senior Bowl practices in January, and he also looked good when he bounced out to right tackle. He might be an option for the 49ers in the second round, especially if they don't draft a tackle in the first. My sense is the 49ers want a real mauler on the right side. Jerry is just that.

-- Matt Barrows

LINK HERE

[ Edited by PTulini on Apr 13, 2010 at 12:45 PM ]
John Jerry would be terrific.
Adam Snyder is a mauler - and how did that work out at RT?

PLEASE find a RT with a dancer's feet!
As a guard, I love it.
The niners have a history of drafting guards then trying to push them out to Tackles. The majority of the NFL drafts OT's, maybe has them play guard initially then bounces them out to Tackle.

I am for finding a true RT, or LT and put Staley back at RT.

Wragge, Snyder, Wallace, are all hybrid OL the niners have. We need studs at one position to dominate, not be average.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
He's got the size to be a tackle, does he have the feet?
Haden, Spiller, Jerry

Wow I would be happy with that.
Well, we need a guard as well. Some ways more, with Staley and Sims starting at OT
Originally posted by jimbagg:
Adam Snyder is a mauler - and how did that work out at RT?

PLEASE find a RT with a dancer's feet!

But he's a bad mauler is the problem plus i think this guy will be a guard not a tackle.
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
Not one of our position conversions have been good. Battle was the closest to being OK at best. How about we draft a f**kin RT to play RT?

• Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TX9R:
Not one of our position conversions have been good. Battle was the closest to being OK at best. How about we draft a f**kin RT to play RT?

I don't understand this logic at all.
Originally posted by TX9R:

I'm really hoping that wasn't what they were getting at. I think they were just pointing it out I've had all I can take of these conversion projects also.
This is one of the reasons i kind of want to trade back with our #17 pick. If we could land a late first and an additional 2nd rounder we woul be in a better boat IMO. We could have a draft of kind of like this.....

1 Haden
1 Brown
2 Jerry, Asamoah or Ducasse
2 Mccluster, Best or Cox

We could really solidify 4 positions in the first 2 rounds. Im becoming a fan of this thought process more and more.
[ Edited by Dominate on Apr 13, 2010 at 1:08 PM ]
throw him in at guard and maybe he can help beat the falcons since his bro peria was the falcons first rounder last year at DT
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Dominate:
This is one of the reasons i kind of want to trade back with our #17 pick. If we could land a late first and an additional 2nd rounder we woul be in a better boat IMO. We could have a draft of kind of like this.....

1 Haden
1 Brown
2 Jerry, Asamoah or Ducasse
2 Mccluster, Best or Cox

We could really solidify 4 positions in the first 2 rounds. Im becominf a fan of this thought process more and more.

Would be nice if someone like Philly or San Diego wanted to move up
Share 49ersWebzone