There are 159 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Iupati or Pouncey at #17 overall... which makes more sense?

Originally posted by YourHuckleberry:
Oh, and I'd be happy with either Iupati or Pouncey at #17, and I think we should draft one of them at that spot.

Yeah, well, you shouldn't take either one there, it isn't good value.
this is what we normally do draft a kid like cody wallace to back up heitman, talk him up for a couple years then go and draft a player to jump over him on the depth chart, this is why our drafts havent been that good
Originally posted by crabman82:
this is what we normally do draft a kid like cody wallace to back up heitman, talk him up for a couple years then go and draft a player to jump over him on the depth chart, this is why our drafts havent been that good

Yeah - but we don't pay Wallace that much, so think of the value!
Originally posted by crabman82:

Ding, ding, ding, or let Jullian Peterson walk and spend a number 1 on Manny Lawson. To build you need to replace weakest links, and keep foundation players.

I am tired of versatile players. Give me a stud RT and stud Guard, an Wragge, Snyder and Wallace can battle it over to be the versatile ones.
Originally posted by mayo63:
Iupati over Pouncey for me.
Assuming we get an OT at #13, then I'd vote for Pouncey. He's already adept at both C and OG...Iupati might be able to play other positions well, but that's not a sure thing yet. I say you go for the versatility Pouncey has now. #17 isn't really a big reach, either...
Originally posted by thuglife619:
Originally posted by lamontb:
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Yeah I actually like Pouncey better, he's more talented IMO. He could replace Baas better than Iupati IMO.

+1 No way he gets passed the steelers at #18. Good enough to go #18, why not #17?

I would seriously doubt the Steelers draft Pouncy at 18