LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 303 users in the forums

49ers to Bring in WR Dez Bryant

At 17 I would not be at all opposed to drafting dez Bryant quality wr with tons of potential
Doesn't he return punts?

I would rather have him at #17 than reaching for Brown.

A spread formation with Crabs, Dez, Morgan, VD, and Gore would be fun to watch.
I'd be happy with Dez...Golden Tate too, dude's a big time aggressive baller.
  • Ether
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LottOfDefense:
Doesn't he return punts?

I would rather have him at #17 than reaching for Brown.

A spread formation with Crabs, Dez, Morgan, VD, and Gore would be fun to watch.

And even more fun would be Alex Smith running for his life becaus our OL allowed for three linemen to get through.

I would like this move only if we already grabbed a good OL at 13.
Trent Williams

+

Dez Bryant

• Chief
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erWill:
Originally posted by Butter:
Great, we can become the Detriot Lions.

smoke and mirrors

I hear what you're saying, but I have this major fear that Bryant and/or Crabtree will run perfect routes, get wide open, look back down the field, and realize that the QB got sacked...again.

Too true...

Playmakers are great, but our #1 priority has got to be an OT. And don't even get me started on things like character and Eugene Parker. That's another story.

Oh, and I like Morgan (and Hill, and Jones, and Ziegler). I think our receivers are pretty darn good right now.
I have no problem with this as long as we get a tackle with our other first or in the second. Our offense would be explosive. We'd have 3 playmakers as receivers (Crabtree, Bryant, and Davis) and Gore on the ground. We'd have our right tackle so the line will at least be decent. And, we'd have our very good role players in Delanie Walker, Josh Morgan, and Glen Coffee. Alex Smith would have no excuse to fail.
Morgan is somewhere sipping on a 40 right now,
Originally posted by Chief:

smoke and mirrors

or a better version of the arizona cardinals! please.. in fact its much more likely dez and crabs turn out more like blodin and fitz then mike willams and carlos rogers...but some people are just prone to be negitive...i ant saying im an optimist but the realist possibility favors our wr being more cardinal-like then turning into detroit
i'm starting to warm up to the idea. i'm really curious to see who we get. this year's draft is all over the place
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Originally posted by Chief:

smoke and mirrors
like most things in life, this will be a money decision, u can make a good arguement that we should take bryant but we wont set a bad precedent by having 2 highly paid wr's, plus another negotiation with eugene parker?
Originally posted by crabman82:
like most things in life, this will be a money decision, u can make a good arguement that we should take bryant but we wont set a bad precedent by having 2 highly paid wr's, plus another negotiation with eugene parker?

The agent shouldn't matter when choosing which player to select. Eugene Parker is also Trent Williams' agent.

I'm just sayin'...
Share 49ersWebzone