LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 298 users in the forums

49ers to Bring in WR Dez Bryant

Quote:
MattMaiocco: WR Dez Bryant is scheduled to arrive in Bay Area tonight and meet tomorrow morning with 49ers coaches and officials, league source confirms.
[ Edited by PTulini on Apr 12, 2010 at 3:41 PM ]
Great, we can become the Detriot Lions.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Crabtree and Bryant...Hmmmm.
Originally posted by Butter:

Nah their problem was drafting BAD WRs in the first rounds. Look at the Colts, they drafted Wayne in the first when they still had Harrison who was also a first rounder. Cards drafted Fitz in the first after they spent a 2nd on Boldon who was a huge success a year earlier. Eagles drafted Maclin in the first even though they had DeSean Jackson. The Lions problem was they did it like 4 years in a row and all of them sucked except for Roy Williams. We still have a first and a 2nd to spend on the OLine and the secondary, and we'll also bring in other players. Like we brought in Anthony Davis but that doesn't mean we're going to draft him.

And you know what? If Sing and Raye and Baalke think Bryant is the best player available and they really like him I have no problem with them drafting the guy in the first. There are other players I rather have at that position later on so we can spend our 1st rounders on secondary and OLine, but you win by getting good players.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Bryant would look delicious next to Crabs.
I think I would rather have Bryant at 17 than reaching for a RT. If the team has to wait till the 2nd to grab that RT then Haden at 13 and Bryant at 17 may work.

We already are from an ownership standpoint...

And BTW if you think we have enough weapons on this team already you are kidding yourself. Look at the Saints. They have weapons and speed all over the field. We have VD and that's it for gamebreakers. Dez Bryant would be great if he is the BPA.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:

Nah their problem was drafting BAD WRs in the first rounds. Look at the Colts, they drafted Wayne in the first when they still had Harrison who was also a first rounder. Cards drafted Fitz in the first after they spent a 2nd on Boldon who was a huge success a year earlier. Eagles drafted Maclin in the first even though they had DeSean Jackson. The Lions problem was they did it like 4 years in a row and all of them sucked except for Roy Williams. We still have a first and a 2nd to spend on the OLine and the secondary, and we'll also bring in other players. Like we brought in Anthony Davis but that doesn't mean we're going to draft him.

And you know what? If Sing and Raye and Baalke think Bryant is the best player available and they really like him I have no problem with them drafting the guy in the first. There are other players I rather have at that position later on so we can spend our 1st rounders on secondary and OLine, but you win by getting good players.

I hear what you're saying, but I have this major fear that Bryant and/or Crabtree will run perfect routes, get wide open, look back down the field, and realize that the QB got sacked...again.

I hear what you're saying, but I have this major fear that Bryant and/or Crabtree will run perfect routes, get wide open, look back down the field, and realize that the QB got sacked...again.

Well that could happen but most RTs aren't even 1st round picks, a lot of them are 2-4 guys. We can still find a RT in the 2nd like Saffold, Veldheer, etc.
  • DVDA
  • Veteran
If Dez Bryant was available when the 49ers picked, would you rather have him or trade the pick for Brandon Marshall?

• mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 23zack80:
If Dez Bryant was available when the 49ers picked, would you rather have him or trade the pick for Brandon Marshall?

I'd rather have a young hungry Bryant with a chip on his shoulders, than an older Marshall who can blow up at anytime.
[ Edited by mayo63 on Apr 12, 2010 at 4:13 PM ]

On the other hand, teams might finally have to respect the fact that there are quality receivers on our squad and that they can't just blitz at will. Currently, no one respects our passing game. Crabtree and Davis are developing into a nice duo, but there's a big dropoff after them.

I like Morgan, but I don't think he's ever going to be a very productive pro. Bryant would be a huge upgrade, IMO.
well madden would be funner
I think that Sing just likes to bring in the troubled kids so that he can scare them straight.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
nvm
[ Edited by susweel on Apr 12, 2010 at 4:53 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone