There are 208 users in the forums

Trade next year's 1 & 2 for another 1 this year?

Originally posted by cupcheck:
The difference is, I have every confidence we won't be picking less than #20, so for me it's a matter of belief in our team.

I hope your right But they only Lost 1 Game to the NFC west last yr. and it was to the Seahawks, if there where consistently a 12 game a year winner Like the Colt I would make the trade. with this team right now there is no way to know what there going to do. who are they playing next year ? As far as I know the schedule is not out yet. I'm not worried about the 6 games in the division I'm worried about the 10 out of the division
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:

I feel like a heel for laughing. That dude got jacked up.

I don't. That's like a 20' drop with a bmx bike and no protective equipment. WTF did he think was gonna happen?

That's not balls. That's mental retardation imo.
  • cupcheck
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by joey82:
The difference is, I have every confidence we won't be picking less than #20, so for me it's a matter of belief in our team.

If our team is good enough to make the playoffs (in your belief) then what is the need to mortgage the future for an extra first round pick?

Build young talent that way we can make multiple runs in the playoffs. You can't build young talent if you don't think long term.

I agree,But this yr. has the div. in a little turmoil. Plus the first time the offense has continuity, a weaker schedule, a possible lock out, great draft value,and the team can always use talent. If the team has a need now that could be filled by a first round talent why wait, the need won't be less next yr., and may be of great benefit this yr.
Talent is talent we would just have it for this yr.
i wouldnt do this at all i am a smith supporter but of course theyre is a possibility that he might not do well and if he doesnt we will need those picks for a QB
  • cupcheck
  • Info N/A
Then it's Nate's turn.
[img=]
  • cupcheck
  • Info N/A
4 players in the top 50 picks, what could possibly go wrong?
Fill every want, need,dream player for this yr.
Let's do it, 3 first round picks to build a future dynasty around!
Originally posted by joey82:

If our team is good enough to make the playoffs (in your belief) then what is the need to mortgage the future for an extra first round pick?

Build young talent that way we can make multiple runs in the playoffs. You can't build young talent if you don't think long term.

I agree,But this yr. has the div. in a little turmoil. Plus the first time the offense has continuity, a weaker schedule, a possible lock out, great draft value,and the team can always use talent. If the team has a need now that could be filled by a first round talent why wait, the need won't be less next yr., and may be of great benefit this yr.
Talent is talent we would just have it for this yr.

What Weaker schedule??? they where 5-1 in the division last year so there going 6-0 this year who ells are they playing?
trade this years 1st

for a

2nd this year and a first next year

-charlie casserly

rookie cap next year...so two prospects come cheap

• cupcheck
  • Info N/A
I want a div. title & deep play off run. I don't care about cheap, or 2011 which may not even happen.Now is the time to win the west. Why is everyone afraid to go for it and win? Fans expect a winning season but are reluctant to go for it when it's in reach.
I want a div. title & deep play off run. I don't care about cheap, or 2011 which may not even happen.Now is the time to win the west. Why is everyone afraid to go for it and win? Fans expect a winning season but are reluctant to go for it when it's in reach.

If you want the truth it is because your idea is stupid.

How many teams continually trade their next years first rounders? There are two the Raiders and the Redskins and how successful have they been implementing this fool proof strategy.

You are trading two future players for one future player that may or may not even be any good in the NFL.

If trading away future first rounders is good strategy you would see more teams doing it. I wonder how Carolina and their fans feel about trading away their first rounder this year.

You are always going to have holes and needs to fill. Injuries, age, FA it is part of the game. Picking 4 times in the top 50 doesn't guarantee the west or a dynasty playoff run any more than picking 3 times in the top 50.

If there is a play maker the 49ers felt like they had to have and their wasn't any other way for them to get him except for giving up their first and second then they might do it, but to come out and say we need to make this trade without even knowing who would be available and how it would cause us to win the west is just wrong, and that is why everyone thinks your idea is bad and no one is on board with it.
As deep as this draft is, that would make no sense.
Share 49ersWebzone