There are 208 users in the forums

Trade next year's 1 & 2 for another 1 this year?

Anyone who wants to trade our 1st round pick next year is insane.

Hello we don't have a QB and we don't have the luxury of making that kind of gamble.

See Carolina and Matt Moore being there starter next season.
Putting aside the logistical reason why we shouldn't do the trade, I enjoy watching the draft WAY too much to not have a first and second round pick.

I say NO WAY!
NO WAY!
only trade we will make is a trade up into the top ten picks of round 2 and thats only if we are convinced a player we want wont be there at 49
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
  • cupcheck
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by YouGotGored:
Putting aside the logistical reason why we shouldn't do the trade, I enjoy watching the draft WAY too much to not have a first and second round pick.

I say NO WAY!

Envision 4 picks in the first 49 this yr., sounds like fun too!
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:

I feel like a heel for laughing. That dude got jacked up.
Originally posted by millerb1:
Stop me if you've already heard this one.

I'm intrigued by the mocks having the niners pick Joe Haden and Earl Thomas 13 and 17, but I still want an OL.

Would it be worthwhile to trade next year's 1 & 2 for someone's #1 this year?

NO... If anything, trade this years 2nd and 3rd for another #1
Based on the draft value chart. Let's say our draft position next year is 27 (that is pretty optimistic). Our 1st and 2nd next year would be worth about 1000 points (680 + 310) , give or take a few points depending on our bargaining position and the time value of money (points this year are worth more than picks next year). That is worth a 1st round pick around #16. That would be good enough to pick up Iupati, Brown, Davis or Campbell (in some drafts) this year.

If our trading partners thinks our pick will be around 21 next year (800 points) and is willing to take just our #1 next year that is still good enough to pick up several of the 2nd tier OL this year.
And if the pick in 2011 is pick 13 you just traded the 13th pick for a pick in the 20. No Thanks.

• cupcheck
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by dlance:
And if the pick in 2011 is pick 13 you just traded the 13th pick for a pick in the 20. No Thanks.

If the 2011 is a weaker draft due to fact most of the best jr. class came out this yr. , the odds of the talent level of the 2011 #13 may be closer to around #20 in this year's draft.
Originally posted by cupcheck:

If the 2011 is a weaker draft due to fact most of the best jr. class came out this yr. , the odds of the talent level of the 2011 #13 may be closer to around #20 in this year's draft.

And most of the best JR. class will come out next year and the year after and the year after and the year after. As the world turns...

I guess we will see next yr. till then you just keep telling yourself that the 25th player this yr would be the 13th player next yr. maybe even top 10 next yr. there going to be no BD, no LB, no OL, no FS. the top 10 next year are going to fail in comparison to the guy in the bottom half of this years first round.
  • cupcheck
  • Info N/A
The difference is, I have every confidence we won't be picking less than #20, so for me it's a matter of belief in our team.
The difference is, I have every confidence we won't be picking less than #20, so for me it's a matter of belief in our team.

If our team is good enough to make the playoffs (in your belief) then what is the need to mortgage the future for an extra first round pick?

Build young talent that way we can make multiple runs in the playoffs. You can't build young talent if you don't think long term.
Share 49ersWebzone