There are 193 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

OT Vladimir Ducasse is Scheduled to Visit 49ers Tuesday

Quote:
MattMaiocco: Tackle prospect Vladimir Ducasse (UMass) is scheduled to visit 49ers tomorrow. Could get him if they trade back in 1st or trade up in 2nd.
If we dont take a OT at 13 or 17 then he will be drafted by the Niners. But you are right, we would have to trade up in the 2nd most likely.
I'm pretty convinced New England will target their local product in Ducasse with one of their second rounders. We'd have to trade up.

• LA_NINERS
  • Info N/A
He'll be there when we pick in the 2nd round.

New England has to fix up their defense.
Originally posted by LA_NINERS:

They have two picks in the second, and one in the first. So they could easily use the first two on defense, and save the next for Ducasse.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

They have two picks in the second, and one in the first. So they could easily use the first two on defense, and save the next for Ducasse.

The Patriots have three 2nd round picks! #44, #47, #53

Patriots Picks...
[ Edited by PTulini on Apr 12, 2010 at 2:05 PM ]
its good to do our homework on him, I guess. because its sounding more and more like theres going to be an early run on OTs and we might end up not having any of our top-tier guys on the board. Knowing more about these "second tier" guys will help us make the decision on draft day to trade up or down or sit tight.

I've said it elsewhere, but I personally would prefer, if the major OTs aren't available, taking some playmakers in the 1st and then maneuvering in the 2nd round to get a guy like Ducasse.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by PTulini:

Patriots Picks...

I almost posted this as well. But I assumed he meant picks between our #17 and #49.
Originally posted by PTulini:

Patriots Picks...

I should've put in parentheses "before us." That's what I meant. Krizay understood.

But yeah.. it worries me about them taking a snatching up a good 3-4 player like Al Woods there with their last 2nd after we get up.

I can see the Patriots going: NT Cody, CB McCourty/Jackson/Ghee, OL Ducasse, and either DL Woods or snatching up an OLB like Misi, Worilds, Gibson, or Norwood.

You know, Dexter Davis is a guy I think we should snag in the late rounds -- 6th or 7th, with intentions of playing him at TED. He's going to have a learning curve, adjusting to coverage, but with his main responsibility taking on blocks at the position, I think he's halfway there.

Davis seems to be a good ILB/OLB tweener fit like Norwood may wind up being; a guy you move around situationally. All teams have role players, and in the 6th or 7th, Davis could be a real deal.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Apr 12, 2010 at 2:14 PM ]
Good to see them doing homework on the OT's.
He's not worth #13 or #17. He's not going to last until #49. So what's going on?

Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
He's not worth #13 or #17. He's not going to last until #49. So what's going on?

Not everyone has a crystal ball, and knows exactly who's going to get taken and when. So they do their homework on a number of guys, first rounders and seventh rounders and everyone in between.

Its called the draft.
Originally posted by oldninerdude:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

Not everyone has a crystal ball, and knows exactly who's going to get taken and when. So they do their homework on a number of guys, first rounders and seventh rounders and everyone in between.

Its called the draft.

If we trade back in the 1st or up in the 2nd maybe it makes sense.