There are 59 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Joe Haden on ESPN radio today

He was on the Scott Van Pelt show at lunch time. I'm sure they'll have a podcast of it available later today. He'll also be doing an ESPN chat later today too.

Here a summary of notes:

- Ran a slow 4.57 at combine because of a back injury. Originally, he did not want to run because of the injury but his competitive nature made him.

- Despite the slow 40, teams were telling him that he was still the #1 corner on their draft boards during interviews

- Ran a 4.41 at his pro day.

- thinks he'll get drafted before Tebow. Also doesn't think Tebow's throwing motion should be a concern.

- Tebow never really talked to the defense during gameday. He was busy with the offense. Haden, Spikes, and Major Wright were the leaders on the defense.

- thinks Santonio Holmes trade is a wake call for young players in the league

- talk to Louis Murphy during the Florida spring game and they talked about how the NFL was a business and that they NFL season is a grind so be prepared to work everyday.

- When asked whether he would rather cover Andre Johnson 1-on-1 with no safety help on a go route or try to tackle Tebow at the goalline in a head on collision, he choose covering Andre

Overall, good interview. Sounds like a good kid.
Nice
http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/chat/_/id/31892/nfl-prospect-joe-haden

Richard (West Virginia)
What Corners in the NFL to you most want to model your game after
Joe Haden
Darelle Revis, because of his physical play. I like him the most. Just because of the way he plays.

Chris (New Jersey)
Hey Joe I'm a big fan...been following you at Florida for the past 3 years. Do you see yourself as a shutdown corner and what type of defensive scheme do you think will best suit your skills in the NFL? Thanks and Go Gators!
Joe Haden
I definitely see myself as a shutdown corner. I like a bump and press scheme, where I can get my hands on the receivers. That's probably my best fit.

Seahawks Fan (Seattle)
Which teams have shown the most interest in you?
Joe Haden
Cleveland, Oakland, Jacksonville and San Francisco.

Buck (SF)
We would love to have you in SF. How would you like to play for Sings? It appeared you were stuck in a vat of dough during your 40 at the combine. Should we be concerned about your speed?? Good luck.
Joe Haden
It was a fluke. I had a lower back injury that I re-aggravated during the bench at the combine. At my pro day, I ran between a 4.39 and a 4.42. I would love to play for Mike Singletary.
I like him but if Bulaga is there at 13 its a no brainer.
Originally posted by DesiDez:
http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/chat/_/id/31892/nfl-prospect-joe-haden

Richard (West Virginia)
What Corners in the NFL to you most want to model your game after
Joe Haden
Darelle Revis, because of his physical play. I like him the most. Just because of the way he plays.

Chris (New Jersey)
Hey Joe I'm a big fan...been following you at Florida for the past 3 years. Do you see yourself as a shutdown corner and what type of defensive scheme do you think will best suit your skills in the NFL? Thanks and Go Gators!
Joe Haden
I definitely see myself as a shutdown corner. I like a bump and press scheme, where I can get my hands on the receivers. That's probably my best fit.

Seahawks Fan (Seattle)
Which teams have shown the most interest in you?
Joe Haden
Cleveland, Oakland, Jacksonville and San Francisco.

Buck (SF)
We would love to have you in SF. How would you like to play for Sings? It appeared you were stuck in a vat of dough during your 40 at the combine. Should we be concerned about your speed?? Good luck.
Joe Haden
It was a fluke. I had a lower back injury that I re-aggravated during the bench at the combine. At my pro day, I ran between a 4.39 and a 4.42. I would love to play for Mike Singletary.

i think if haden is there at 13 we will take him over anybody, i get the feeling he is high up on our board
Originally posted by crabman82:
i think if haden is there at 13 we will take him over anybody, i get the feeling he is high up on our board

Me too. I think he'll be a steal like Crabtree if he slips to us.
Quote:
- When asked whether he would rather cover Andre Johnson 1-on-1 with no safety help on a go route or try to tackle Tebow at the goalline in a head on collision, he choose covering Andre

tricky question i see
CLeveland will probably snag him
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Got to take Haden if he's there at 13 or 17. Seems like a real nice kid too.
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
CLeveland will probably snag him

I dont think so, i think with the acquisition of Sheldon Brown will allow them to fill other needs like safety with Berry if he slips or even maybe Earl Thomas
I'd be happy if we took Haden over Spiller
Originally posted by Youngone:

For me that would be a tough call if we had that option at 13
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:
Originally posted by Youngone:

For me that would be a tough call if we had that option at 13

Having the option would be great though!

I'd take Spiller though.
Originally posted by mayo63:
Got to take Haden if he's there at 13 or 17. Seems like a real nice kid too.

u cant take him at 13 or 17 cus if u take him at 13 he wont be there at 17