There are 251 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Charles Brown vs Anthony Davis

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AnGvzk.r2RcmNdxdKZyq1hhDubYF?slug=nfp-offensive_tackle_fight_night_html-201048

Found this on Yahoo sports,
Makes you thik twice about Charles Brown. Two hybrid TE tackles
Originally posted by NTeply49:

I agree, that as well as his run blocking are my only problems with Charles Brown. We need a mauler
Based on this article I am starting to jump on the Charles Brown bandwagon. He seems to be more NFL ready and seems to have a less possible problems than Davis.
Originally posted by nothing03:
Based on this article I am starting to jump on the Charles Brown bandwagon. He seems to be more NFL ready and seems to have a less possible problems than Davis.

I don't want anymore USC Offensive Linemen on the 49ers. I've seen enough...
  • ninerfaithful80
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by nothing03:

I don't want anymore USC Offensive Linemen on the 49ers. I've seen enough...

yeah lol ...but the tape on brown makes me think he is the best passblocker in the draft. I would like someone more physical and thats the only thing keeping brown from leaping everyone in this draft for OT imo. Even Okung when he gets beat in passprotection he doesnt have nearly the recovery speed as Brown has.
Originally posted by NTeply49:

I read this article and the author makes it pretty clear that the better choice for the 49ers (if you are comparing Brown & Davis) would be to take Brown instead of Davis.

Did you even read the article?
A most interesting comparison and certainly relevant for Niner fans.

I have previously forecast OT Davis as the Niners pick @ #17 (after NT Dan Williams @ #13), because I believe that talent triumphs over all at the pro level and because I see the coaches (Singletary, Solari, etc) having more clout in the draft room, with McCloughan gone.

I can easily imagine Singletary believing with all his heart, that he can take a hugely talented, but immature kid, and turn him into a productive professional. Call it the "Father Factor" in Singletary. Immaturity is not a character issue like trouble with the law or disrespect for people.

However, one thing gives me pause. The Niners need a starting RT from the get-go for Game 1. Based on this article Brown certainly looks like a much better proposition than Davis to be ready for Game 1. The notion of opening the year with either Snyder or Sims at RT, just seems like a formula for a slow start to the 2010 season.
Originally posted by jimbagg:
A most interesting comparison and certainly relevant for Niner fans.

I have previously forecast OT Davis as the Niners pick @ #17 (after NT Dan Williams @ #13), because I believe that talent triumphs over all at the pro level and because I see the coaches (Singletary, Solari, etc) having more clout in the draft room, with McCloughan gone.

I can easily imagine Singletary believing with all his heart, that he can take a hugely talented, but immature kid, and turn him into a productive professional. Call it the "Father Factor" in Singletary. Immaturity is not a character issue like trouble with the law or disrespect for people.

However, one thing gives me pause. The Niners need a starting RT from the get-go for Game 1. Based on this article Brown certainly looks like a much better proposition than Davis to be ready for Game 1. The notion of opening the year with either Snyder or Sims at RT, just seems like a formula for a slow start to the 2010 season.

I think you have it backwards. Brown is more talented than Davis, hands down. Davis has more potential because of his natural size and athleticism (for someone his size). Davis is naturally talented and could develop that talent over time, he'd be one of the best in the NFL if he could develop the talent to match his natural size/athleticism.