LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 166 users in the forums

teeohh's first ever mock (update on page 2)

I don't think I've ever made a mock draft thread, mostly because I don't like predicting what will go down when trades are so unpredictable, but I've been more into this years draft than ever before so I gotta do it.

So my first step is in determining who I'm 99.9% sure will go top 12

in no order: Sam Bradford, Gerald McCoy, Ndamukong Suh, Eric Berry, CJ Spiller, Russell Okung, Jimmy Clausen - this makes 7

The next guys I'm 75% on - Trent Williams, Bryan Bulaga, Derrick Morgan - this makes 3

60% - Dez Bryant, JPP, Dan Williams, Joe Haden, Anthony Davis, Bruce Campbell (Only because of the Raiders) - adds up to total of 16

here we go!

1. Rams - Sam Bradford QB

2. Lions - Ndamukong Suh DT
Some of you think Okung is the pick here, and while it does make a lot of sense I just don’t see them passing on Suh

3. Buccaneers - Gerald McCoy DT

4. Redskins - Russell Okung OT

5. Chiefs - Bryan Bulaga OT
This might not make sense to a lot of us, but the Chiefs demonstrated last year that they don’t care about shocking us, or pissing off their fan base when they selected Jackson. I’m really tempted to have Berry go here but Pioli doesn’t seem to like taking safeties this early - we’ll just have to see.

6. Seahawks - Trent Williams OT
Again, I would select Berry here but don’t think the Seahawks pull the trigger.

7. Browns - Eric Berry S
Whether the Browns pick him or not, I don’t see Berry falling out of the top 10. I think the Browns will trade up or down from here.

8. Raiders - Jason Pierre Paul DE
Al Davis gets his workout warrior, we are no longer surprised.

9. Bills - Jimmy Clausen QB

10. Jaguars - CJ Spiller RB
Jaguars want to sell tickets, Spiller is a “sexy pick” that will generate excitement and help out their offense.

11. Broncos - Dez Bryant WR
One of the hardest picks for me to predict because they can go in a lot of directions. But I don’t think I’m wrong in projecting Bryant in the top 15.

12. Dolphins - Dan Williams NT

13. 49ers - Joe Haden CB
I’m not as convinced as some of you that our cb depth is fine. I think the 49ers would definitely choose Haden in this situation.

14. Seahawks - Earl Thomas S
Their secondary is poopoo, Thomas helps out whether they keep him at safety or move him to corner.

15. Giants - Rolando McClain LB

16. Titans - Brandon Graham DE/OLB
this pick gives me a sad

17. 49ers - Charles Brown OT
[ Edited by teeohh on Apr 18, 2010 at 11:36 AM ]
go back to the parking lot.
Originally posted by ea_thegreat:

Well thought out and argued. It's as likely as any mock. After all, who can predict what Al will do?
Originally posted by English:
Well thought out and argued. It's as likely as any mock. After all, who can predict what Al will do?

A lot of mocks will look the same in the next week, I just wanted to get my first and final one out there.

I really think Davis will choose between JPP or Bruce Campbell, and T.Williams if he is there.

I really can't see the Jags selecting Spiller. They have MJD locked on the position. I believe he's hinted several times that he likes to be main workhorse.

-9fA
Not Bad.. but if Undead Al drinks enough virgin blood he could end up selecting Mays in the first....
[ Edited by highway49 on Apr 11, 2010 at 6:07 PM ]
the scenario I will be wishing for though is with the top 4 remaining the same and this:

kc - trent williams
sea - eric berry
cle - derrick morgan
oak - bruce campbell/taylor mays/ anyone that doesn't make sense
buff - jimmy clausen
jax - cj spiler/haden
den - dez bryant/dan williams
mia - dan williams
sf - bryan bulaga

sorry teeooh but shiite's really funny
Originally posted by teeohh:
the scenario I will be wishing for though is with the top 4 remaining the same and this:

kc - trent williams
sea - eric berry
cle - derrick morgan
buff - jimmy clausen
jax - cj spiler/haden
mia - dan williams
sf - bryan bulaga

kc - trent williams
sea - eric berry
cle - derrick morgan
buff - jimmy clausen
jax - cj spiler/haden
mia - dan williams
sf - bryan bulaga

Good call, but didn't jax have the worst rush sack total last year, aka..they go with
a Pass rusher ...?
Originally posted by highway49:

kc - trent williams
sea - eric berry
cle - derrick morgan
buff - jimmy clausen
jax - cj spiler/haden
mia - dan williams
sf - bryan bulaga

Good call, but didn't jax have the worst rush sack total last year, aka..they go with
a Pass rusher ...?

Most definitely they could go with Morgan if he's there. I think he or Spiller would be the pick though.
Nice job teeohh.
Originally posted by tohara3:
Nice job teeohh.

What he said.
Originally posted by highway49:

kc - trent williams
sea - eric berry
cle - derrick morgan
buff - jimmy clausen
jax - cj spiler/haden
mia - dan williams
sf - bryan bulaga

a Pass rusher ...?

Most definitely they could go with Morgan if he's there. I think he or Spiller would be the pick though.

they have so much money invested in d line i wouldnt be surprised to see them go another way
Share 49ersWebzone