There are 146 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

National Football Posts OT Rankings

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/front-office-total-access-projections.html&position=ot

Take a look at these rankings Brown is third on the list and T. Williams is #9. Very interesting perspective.
  • JDog
  • Veteran
I am starting to like Brown more and more. This Yahoo article has a great read on him Vs. Davis also!

[url=null]null[/url] http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AriubZfowr01olUKfLhaSJdDubYF?slug=nfp-offensive_tackle_fight_night_html-201048
Originally posted by JDog:
I am starting to like Brown more and more. This Yahoo article has a great read on him Vs. Davis also!

[url=null]null[/url] http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AriubZfowr01olUKfLhaSJdDubYF?slug=nfp-offensive_tackle_fight_night_html-201048

nice read
i think brown could be the 2nd or 3rd best ot....if we get him at 17 i won't be pissed
  • rivercrew
  • Info N/A
Possible trading partner with New England at #22 if Dez Bryant still on the board at #17. Patriots looking for WR and will have to leapfrog Bengals at #20 to get Bryant.
Brown can still be had at #22, but could go to Packers at #23.
This trade down would net the Niners a 3rd round pick from Patriots.
Niners do have a trade history with Pats as well.
Originally posted by rivercrew:
Possible trading partner with New England at #22 if Dez Bryant still on the board at #17. Patriots looking for WR and will have to leapfrog Bengals at #20 to get Bryant.

Brown could easily go to the Steelers at #18.

If we like him, we better take him at #17.
Folks, remember...we need a RIGHT tackle, not a left tackle (we've already got one of those, that would be Joe Staley).

NFP's scouting guy, Wes Bunting, apparently wrote both the scouting reports and the Yahoo article. In the scouting reports, he points out that the top two RT prospects are Ducasse and Williams, in that order.

Second tier RT prospects are listed as Calloway, Tepper, and Barker.
[ Edited by Yetiman on Apr 11, 2010 at 5:30 PM ]
  • rivercrew
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Originally posted by rivercrew:

Brown could easily go to the Steelers at #18.

If we like him, we better take him at #17.

The two names most connected with Steelers at #18 are Pouncey and Iupati.
But I'd be fine with Brown at #17 (new LT and Staley moves to RT).
At 13, I'd take Earl Thomas or if he's gone (very possible), take Haden or trade down for Kyle Wilson.
I'd also be happy if the Niners took Pouncey at #13 and Brown at #17.
Originally posted by JDog:

Great article.

-9fA
Originally posted by Yetiman:
Folks, remember...we need a RIGHT tackle, not a left tackle (we've already got one of those, that would be Joe Staley).

NFP's scouting guy, Wes Bunting, apparently wrote both the scouting reports and the Yahoo article. In the scouting reports, he points out that the top two RT prospects are Ducasse and Williams, in that order.

tepper is absolute garbage that shouldn't even be drafted, if we're talking about tepper from cal
Originally posted by Yetiman:

It will be interesting to see whether we take a high pick and put them in at left tackle and move Staley to RT or whether we will go for Williams, or Ducasse at RT and keep the line movement to one player. It would be interesting to see the following lines:

Staley, Baas, Heitmann, Rachal, Williams

Brown, Baas, Heitmann, Rachal, Staley

Staley, Boone, Heitmann, Rachal, Williams/Ducasse

Brown, Baas, Heitmann, Boone, Staley

Staley, Baas, Pouncey, Rachal, Calloway

Staley, Baas, Pouncey, Rachal, Williams/Fox/Veldheer/Saffold
[ Edited by Ninefan56 on Apr 11, 2010 at 6:56 PM ]