There are 134 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Local team beat writers Mock Draft

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/sc-spt-0411-farmer-nfl--20100410,0,1734979,full.story

Maiocco picks 13th and Dan Brown picks 17th.

13. 49ers: CB Joe Haden, Florida. (Matt Maiocco, Santa Rosa Press Democrat) "The 49ers need help in the secondary, and their corners aren't great. Haden would be a good pick at a high-profile position of need."

17. 49ers: OT Anthony Davis, Rutgers. ( Dan Brown, San Jose Mercury News) "The 49ers sorely need offensive line help, and Mike Singletary's presence will help allay concerns about Davis' character."
Hmmmmm
Spiller to the Seahawks.

If that happened, half this board would commit suicide.

-9fA
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Spiller to the Seahawks.

-9fA

I'd say Jones or Forsett would still start over Spiller in 2010.
Spiller to the Seahawks.

-9fA

Imagine Eric Berry and Spiller going up North to Seattle
Originally posted by Gavintech:
Spiller to the Seahawks.

-9fA

I want Forsett
Wouldn't be bad
where's m. barrows
Originally posted by teeohh:
Originally posted by Gavintech:
Spiller to the Seahawks.

-9fA

I want Forsett

Ya I remember what Forsett did to us

As long as we address the O-line with one of the first round picks im good
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
Spiller to the Seahawks.

-9fA

they need o-line help probably more than we do
We will regret it if Spiller goes to the Seahags. We'll have to face him twice a year. I guess we will just reach for any lineman that is there when it's our turn. As if that will magically fix the OL. This team has a lot more holes than some people think. We won't even get the best lineman at 13. It really irritates me that Carolina won so many games with a QB no one has ever heard about. The 49ers would have had a much higher pick. Now Seattle gets to rock the first round. All we get is maybe some jazz fusion.
this is an interesting draft for the nfc west, local seattle radio suggests they will take either trent williams or eric berry, and i think we will take haden at 13 and seattle will have a choice of spiller or d morgan, it is a cat and mouse game between the niners and s**thawks, do we draft someone we need or maybe a guy like spiller just to avoid facing 2 times a year?
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
Spiller to the Seahawks.

-9fA

they need o-line help probably more than we do

Yeah if they take Berry and Spiller it might put them back more than it helps them.
Originally posted by KOniner:

13. 49ers: CB Joe Haden,
17. 49ers: OT Anthony Davis,

These picks are OK, but I would prefer that they trade down with one of these picks, only IF, they get a good deal (eg #1 in 20's plus and extra early-mid #2). If a no-brainer tackle is there, take him of course.

Haden isn't a likely all-pro CB and has average athleticism. Davis is a real high risk. For such high picks, I'd prefer to take less risky picks (ie. sure things). Take risks in later rounds.

The strength of this draft isn't at the top. Rather it's a DEEP draft, with very good players throughout the 1st rd and top half of rd 2. Players taken at #23 will likely be just as good as those at #13-17. If you trade down, you get two good players for the price of one. Also financially, high picks are paid highly, and you get better 'bang for the buck' with late #1 and #2 picks. In the 20's you may get Kyle Wilson, Kindle, Graham, Odrick, Iupati, Earl Thomas, maybe Anthony Davis . . . . with extra Rd 2 get Saffold, Best, etc. Of course, only if you get a really good offer.
Not a big Anthony Davis fan ... he might work out in the long run.