95 Colts S.Capers OT
96 Saints C.Geathers DE
97 Bengals J.Arenas CB
98 Titans J.Chaney MLB
99 Falcons D.Dickerson TE
Im down for this
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Nice mock, stever I like it, but I don't think Spiller will be available.
Originally posted by mayo63:

Maybe, but my mock showed a way how he could be ;)
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by stever:
Originally posted by mayo63:

Maybe, but my mock showed a way how he could be ;)

I hope your right, I'd love to get Spiller.
Reaching on Spikes.
Originally posted by Schulzy:
Reaching on Spikes.
No way. Yes, this guy is slow in a 40 yds sprint. But this is the leader of the defense of a national champ. Did you see him play ? He plays way faster than he times. He knows how the games is played and he is a clear leader. He would be the Takeos successor so he has to play in a limited area as a middle linebacker. With so many teams playing the 3-4 today, there will be a market for him. And i think he fits our defense and our need as Willis' partner perfectly.

[ Edited by stever on Apr 10, 2010 at 10:32:52 ]
Not to nitpick Stever, but don't the 49ers pick #79 in the 3rd round? You have us picking at #80.
Originally posted by DynastyPart2:
Not to nitpick Stever, but don't the 49ers pick #79 in the 3rd round? You have us picking at #80.

Hm, good question. I took the draft order from nfl.com. I thought they were right with it.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Reaching on Spikes.
No way. Yes, this guy is slow in a 40 yds sprint. But this is the leader of the defense of a national champ. Did you see him play ? He plays way faster than he times. He knows how the games is played and he is a clear leader. He would be the Takeos successor so he has to play in a limited area as a middle linebacker. With so many teams playing the 3-4 today, there will be a market for him. And i think he fits our defense and our need as Willis' partner perfectly.

Also, Spikes doesn't need to run sideline to sideline, just run into linemen and free up Willis. He'd be a great pick up if we got him.

Originally posted by DynastyPart2:

Hm, good question. I took the draft order from nfl.com. I thought they were right with it.

Ah, i know why : I included the redkins pick in the 3rd round in my counting. The official count does not include it.
Reaching on Spikes.

I'm not saying he's a bad player and that I wouldn't want him, but when you can get him in the 4th, why not take him then and maximize value by taking another good player in the 3rd?
Reaching on Spikes.

I'm not saying he's a bad player and that I wouldn't want him, but when you can get him in the 4th, why not take him then and maximize value by taking another good player in the 3rd?

because you won't get him in the 4th because one of the many 3-4 teams will pick him in the 3rd or early 4th (we only pick in the middle of the 4th as you know)
Oh, good draft by the way.

I could definitely live with it. You address our needs (OT, RS, CB). Spikes would be a good back up to Spikes.

I got the 49ers picks from the webzone draft war room. http://www.49erswebzone.com/draft/2010/
Reaching on Spikes.

because you won't get him in the 4th because one of the many 3-4 teams will pick him in the 3rd or early 4th (we only pick in the middle of the 4th as you know)

Then you can always move up in the round if that's the case.

Hey, don't get me wrong, I wouldn't be pissed if we did take him.
Share 49ersWebzone