There are 133 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Pro Football Talk's 49ers Picks

i could live with that draft, because i'm assuming in that scenario all the "top flight" OT are gone by 13. I'd rather wait until the 2nd and settle for a "project" than to reach for a OT in the 1st.
I don't see how this draft is a grand slam at all.

I don't believe Bruce Campbell will be available at #49 at all. If Campbell is the ONLY OL position we address during this draft, it is a failure.

There are several talented interior lineman and in my opinion we need to grab one as well as a RT.

Iupati, Pouncey, Asamoah, Beadles, Johnson, Jerry to name a few.

Also, this draft only has 8 picks, we own 9 picks in the draft. That tells me that this author does not know the 49ers at all.

I like Haden and Spiller, but after that; Spikes is too early. That guy is slower than some OL! I wouldn't mind taking a chance on him in the 4th or later rounds.

I don't like the SS pick. We need a FS more than we need SS. Both Goldson and Lewis can play SS. Goldson can play FS for us but is not the ball hawk we need.

I don't like the Shoefield pick, way too early for a player who is probably going to be rehabing well into training camp. I would rather take a chance on someone like Greg Hardy later in the draft who has the talent but just needs to be motivated.

So no, I don't really like this draft.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 20,553
Originally posted by HessianDud:
i could live with that draft, because i'm assuming in that scenario all the "top flight" OT are gone by 13. I'd rather wait until the 2nd and settle for a "project" than to reach for a OT in the 1st.

The thing is, I don't think any of the OL in the 2nd round are projects. Anyone of them can probably start on our OL.
great draft
Cool but OL should be the main priority, We need a good Tackle or were gonna be in for another avg season....
Fix the damn o-line.
Originally posted by DynastyPart2:
I don't see how this draft is a grand slam at all.

I don't believe Bruce Campbell will be available at #49 at all. If Campbell is the ONLY OL position we address during this draft, it is a failure.

There are several talented interior lineman and in my opinion we need to grab one as well as a RT.

Iupati, Pouncey, Asamoah, Beadles, Johnson, Jerry to name a few.

Also, this draft only has 8 picks, we own 9 picks in the draft. That tells me that this author does not know the 49ers at all.

I like Haden and Spiller, but after that; Spikes is too early. That guy is slower than some OL! I wouldn't mind taking a chance on him in the 4th or later rounds.

I don't like the SS pick. We need a FS more than we need SS. Both Goldson and Lewis can play SS. Goldson can play FS for us but is not the ball hawk we need.

I don't like the Shoefield pick, way too early for a player who is probably going to be rehabing well into training camp. I would rather take a chance on someone like Greg Hardy later in the draft who has the talent but just needs to be motivated.

So no, I don't really like this draft.

The reason for the eight picks instead of nine was they were ranking all the players at their positions. The ninth pick was not mentioned because none of the players were ranked by the time the Niners picked with their last pick.
Originally posted by mayo63:
Originally posted by HessianDud:
i could live with that draft, because i'm assuming in that scenario all the "top flight" OT are gone by 13. I'd rather wait until the 2nd and settle for a "project" than to reach for a OT in the 1st.

The thing is, I don't think any of the OL in the 2nd round are projects. Anyone of them can probably start on our OL.

I'm not sure that's saying much...

Seriously, if we draft any 2nd round RT, I think its more than possible he'll replace Snyder at some point in the season. I just think we'll have to be a bit more patient than we would be with a Trent Williams. And pray the coaching staff doesn't yank him the moment he looks like a rookie.

And there's something about seeing Campbell's name connected with our team makes me nervous, no matter the round. Getting him at 49 could either be phenomenal or phenomenally horrible. And I'd put the odds at 50/50 either way.
  • cupcheck
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
i'd jizz my pants for days if that happened. But realistically, it won't happen.

Here is how to make it happen.
Trade 2011 first round + to NE.for #22 in this yr. draft
our 1st round=#13, #17, #22
I would take that take that take that take that
  • cupcheck
  • Info N/A
Why not?
Division is there for the taking.
weakest schedule in some time.
weak draft next yr. due to the best jr.s coming out this yr.
may not be a season if CBA can't get worked out.
Using next yr. 1st now is using that talent to the best opportunity, not mortgaging the future.
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
I would take that take that take that take that
cambell will not be ther at 49....but another wr/kr will or cb that we might take if we don't address that in the 1st
  • Luca
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 324
Originally posted by KOniner:
They have us taking in order the following:

CB Joe Haden, RB CJ Spiller, OT Bruce Campbell, ILB Brandon Spikes, SS Darrell Stuckey, DT Clifton Geathers, OLB O'Brien Scholfield, and TE Colin Peek.

I don't know about you but if that happened, that is hitting a grand slam


http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/category/rumor-mill/

I like it!!!!!!!!1