LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 336 users in the forums

Scott Wright's Mock Draft Updated 4-9-10

Originally posted by Walsh:
Originally posted by BigBug415:
Originally posted by DynastyPart2:
Yeah, last year he was a little better. I think he is just trying to be different.

I still think Haden will fall to #13 and I am hoping we can get a team to trade up for him and we can get some extra picks.

Anthony Davis or Charles Brown at #17.

Charles Brown at 17? Dudes a freakin 2nd rounder gimme a break.
Anthony Davis is gonna be a bust.

Stop reaching for OT's we aren't that desperate are we.

Haden is going to be a player.

I think we are that desperate. I don't think we can run the ball against many teams with Snyder on the right side. We're taking the most sacks in the league and our QB's have to throw away the ball once a series cuz of pressure.

The other reason we have to reach is because every draft OT's get snatched up first thing. That's one reason why we've put it off this long. When was the last time we found an OT in the offseason that was worth anything? Never, right? If we don't like Davis or Brown, then we should take Campbell. The guy had the best combine of all OT's and we have a great O-line coach this year.

There's really no excuse to not take an OT this year. Two top 10 picks would have to fall.

I remember in last years draft, I had Vollmer going in the 4th round. Just before the draft, he was rising, so maybe in the third. Patriots took him in the second round, major reach at #58, and he played well in his rookie year. Go figure?
Originally posted by BigBug415:
Originally posted by DynastyPart2:
Yeah, last year he was a little better. I think he is just trying to be different.

I still think Haden will fall to #13 and I am hoping we can get a team to trade up for him and we can get some extra picks.

Anthony Davis or Charles Brown at #17.

Charles Brown at 17? Dudes a freakin 2nd rounder gimme a break.
Anthony Davis is gonna be a bust.

Stop reaching for OT's we aren't that desperate are we.

Haden is going to be a player.

I think you are right BigBug. Charles Brown is probably a 2nd round talent; however, the price of OT has gone WAY up. Look how high Trent Williams has sky rocketed up the boards! Several mocks have him going #4 to the Redskins. Just a month or two ago, we were crying that we would HAVE to take Williams at #13, now we won't even sniff him.

A lot of mocks have Charles Brown going to the Packers at #23, so what is the difference from #17 to #23? That's 6 picks earlier.

One things is certain this year, the 49ers need to get a RT THIS year.
Dan Williams will not drop that far. I can't see him slipping past Miami
Share 49ersWebzone