There are 65 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

National Football Post comparison Anthony Davis vs Charles Brown

A lot of mocks have us taking Anthony Davis. Good analysis of the two tackles.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 21,104
He likes Brown the best. Maybe the Niners see it that way too.
Wow. After reading that, I'd be much more comfortable with Brown at #17 over Davis--and I really didn't like either of them before.
Spiller at 13 Brown at 17 would be a great 1st round.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 21,104
So do we play Brown at LT or RT?
RT. I believe he played mostly LT at USC but played some RT as well.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 21,104
Originally posted by Yoda_I_Be:
RT. I believe he played mostly LT at USC but played some RT as well.

He should be fine at RT. Brown or Davis, I'm fine with either one.

[ Edited by mayo63 on Apr 9, 2010 at 10:45:27 ]
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 21,104
Thanks for the article, bemused. It's very helpful.
Originally posted by mayo63:
Thanks for the article, bemused. It's very helpful.

Now maybe some people will get off my back about projecting the 49ers to take Brown at #17 instead of Davis.
Nice break down. I'd still prefer Davis over Brown. Now if they moving Staley back over to RT then i would have no problem with Brown, i just see him getting overpowered. but his pass protection skills are more than solid.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 21,104
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by mayo63:
Thanks for the article, bemused. It's very helpful.

Now maybe some people will get off my back about projecting the 49ers to take Brown at #17 instead of Davis.

OTC, do you see Brown as RT or LT with us?
Originally posted by mayo63:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by mayo63:
Thanks for the article, bemused. It's very helpful.

Now maybe some people will get off my back about projecting the 49ers to take Brown at #17 instead of Davis.

OTC, do you see Brown as RT or LT with us?

RT to start. Then a move to LT. I don't think the team would be comfortable letting a rookie, no matter how good, handle Alex's blind side in his first year.
Originally posted by lamontb:
Nice break down. I'd still prefer Davis over Brown. Now if they moving Staley back over to RT then i would have no problem with Brown, i just see him getting overpowered. but his pass protection skills are more than solid.

But he would be a better RT than Adam snyder...but that's not saying much I guess.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 21,104
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by mayo63:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by mayo63:
Thanks for the article, bemused. It's very helpful.

Now maybe some people will get off my back about projecting the 49ers to take Brown at #17 instead of Davis.

OTC, do you see Brown as RT or LT with us?

RT to start. Then a move to LT. I don't think the team would be comfortable letting a rookie, no matter how good, handle Alex's blind side in his first year.

Agree. I really like that Brown seems to be a real clean player off the field also. Seems like a real nice person.
Brown's a good fit for a team needing a zone blocking LT.

I don't think that's the tackle we're looking for. We already struggle at opening holes for Gore I don't think we need another tackle who can't get a push in the run game.