Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by Jakemall:
Originally posted by Ibleedgoldnred:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by Niners23:
OTC, with the fins, and possibly even the Bills and Jags looking at Spiller now, I think it's more probable than ever than Seattle just takes him at the #6 spot, what do you think?

They'd have to value Spiller VERY, VERY highly for that to happen. And I don't think they value him that high. If they take a running back in the first, I'm sure they're completely content to wait for Matthews, or for Best or Dwyer in the 2nd. There are a lot of good running backs in this draft, so I don't think Seattle will be in a hurry.

So why should we take Spiller and not fill a bigger whole?

Because having a Ferrari is better then having a Honda.

Yeah, but sometimes you prefer the efficiency of a hybred to speed. Especially in LA traffic.

We leased the Honda last year with Coffee, daddy is ready to upgrade

I would say we'd be hard pressed not to call Brandon Graham, Iupati, Haden, Williams or Davis a Honda...and they'd all see the field more than Spiller would at this point.

Do we need a weekend car or a car we can drive everyday?

Honestly I think Haden and Graham wont be there. I can see Haden in Jax and Graham in Mia. Spiller would be used more then people think especially if we move to a 2 headed monster. Gore is about to be 27 in a month, if having Spiller means we can extend Gore another 2-3 years past 30 then I'm all for it. Also it goes back to my basic argument, if Gore goes down do we trust Coffee to handle the load....I don't. He's a pounder, not a game changer, not that that's bad but it does semi cripple the run game until Gore returns. If we had the chance to grab Chris Johnson people would do it, were looking at a very similar scenario now.

If we had a choice between CJ and D. Stewart? I'd probably go with the lineman. Bigger need...and it's not close imo. The upgrade on the OL immediately makes our passing game and running game better EVERY down...not just a change of pace situation that teams can sub for.
Originally posted by Ibleedgoldnred:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by Niners23:
OTC, with the fins, and possibly even the Bills and Jags looking at Spiller now, I think it's more probable than ever than Seattle just takes him at the #6 spot, what do you think?

They'd have to value Spiller VERY, VERY highly for that to happen. And I don't think they value him that high. If they take a running back in the first, I'm sure they're completely content to wait for Matthews, or for Best or Dwyer in the 2nd. There are a lot of good running backs in this draft, so I don't think Seattle will be in a hurry.

So why should we take Spiller and not fill a bigger whole?

Because having a Ferrari is better then having a Honda.

Yeah, but sometimes you prefer the efficiency of a hybred to speed. Especially in LA traffic.

We leased the Honda last year with Coffee, daddy is ready to upgrade

I would say we'd be hard pressed not to call Brandon Graham, Iupati, Haden, Williams or Davis a Honda...and they'd all see the field more than Spiller would at this point.

Do we need a weekend car or a car we can drive everyday?

Honestly I think Haden and Graham wont be there. I can see Haden in Jax and Graham in Mia. Spiller would be used more then people think especially if we move to a 2 headed monster. Gore is about to be 27 in a month, if having Spiller means we can extend Gore another 2-3 years past 30 then I'm all for it. Also it goes back to my basic argument, if Gore goes down do we trust Coffee to handle the load....I don't. He's a pounder, not a game changer, not that that's bad but it does semi cripple the run game until Gore returns. If we had the chance to grab Chris Johnson people would do it, were looking at a very similar scenario now.

If we had a choice between CJ and D. Stewart? I'd probably go with the lineman. Bigger need...and it's not close imo. The upgrade on the OL immediately makes our passing game and running game better EVERY down...not just a change of pace situation that teams can sub for.

Never said we don't get an OT as well. I fully expect an OT at 17. But do we take the 4th or 5th best OT before the most dynamic offensive player in the draft...I sure hope not.
With the twelfth pick in the 2010 NFL draft, Miami selects C.J. Spiller of Clemson.
[ Edited by 49erThrowback on Apr 17, 2010 at 12:29 PM ]
Originally posted by 49erThrowback:
With the twelfth pick in the 2010 NFL draft, Miami picks C.J. Spiller of Clemson.

i bet my left toe he won't get past them
Originally posted by teeohh:
With the twelfth pick in the 2010 NFL draft, Miami picks C.J. Spiller of Clemson.

makes our draft much easier, i think
Originally posted by chico49erfan:

makes our draft much easier, i think

Especially if Bryant goes to the Broncos.

Not that I think they would draft him but it pushes another draftee down.

I bet your left toe too.

I bet your left toe too.

He only has 1 toe on his left foot? Or one foot with 2 toes and one is on the right?
Originally posted by WillistheWall:

I bet your left toe too.

He only has 1 toe on his left foot? Or one foot with 2 toes and one is on the right?

if he was man enough he would bet his right toe
I thought I bring this back just for kicks!!! Not that it was a bad mock, but to remind us of the unpredictibility of things. Not to mention, you may get what you want, but not want what you get.

Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
I thought I bring this back just for kicks!!! Not that it was a bad mock, but to remind us of the unpredictibility of things. Not to mention, you may get what you want, but not want what you get.

Ahem, I'd like to point out this was scrapped after a week of more tweaks, etc. -- This was the draft day mock: http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/thread.php?num=140680

Still, thanks a heap for rubbing in / reminding me of my off year, Oak.
I got to keep my toe
I got to keep my toe

Twice.
Share 49ersWebzone