Originally posted by PTulini:Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Pat, Troup won't make it there.
He's regarded as one of the top NT in the draft. He's seen by many as the Mike Iupati of Nose Tackles. Unbelievable strength and just well-built, not fat. He could go as high as the 2nd, but no later than the 4th.
Oh well, I can't get them all right. How about the rest of it?
Wellll. Quick critiquing here:
- Perrish is slated to be more of a late 3rd-4th round guy. I'd use that pick on a guy like Owusu-Ansah or a Safety like Allen or R.Jones if available.
- Watch out for Robert Johnson making a quick rise going into the draft. I still see him going as high as the 3rd round, might be a steal in the 4th.
- If we're looking for NT's in the 4th, wide-bodied Jeff Owens of Georgia is a player I like, as well as Linval Joseph. The Wildcard is Al Woods -- I have a write-up on the guy you'll soon see as soon as I get my mock up. It'll be done very soon.
- I'm not a big fan of Earl Thomas, and Anthony Davis scares me some. Just not sure which version of AD we'd be getting -- the good side, or the inconsistent guy who looks silly in space missing blocks. He could make a good RT, though, and I wouldn't be upset with the pick.
- The Shipley, Mike Johnson (noticed you accidentally wrote "Nick" ), Morgan, and Karim picks seem feasible. No problem with Triplett, though I have an inkling the 49ers may wind up grabbing a "steal" LB there, someone worth more than a 6th who we get lucky with. Some ideas are: Goethel (Arizona St.), Angerer (Iowa), Micah Johnson (Kentucky), Conner (Clemson), Dexter Davis (Arizona St.), or Albert McClellan (Marshall).
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Apr 8, 2010 at 22:10:22 ]