There are 88 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

PTulini's Mock Draft- Version 3 (04/08/10)

I messed up on my last mock draft a few days ago, so I decided to redo it. I hope you guys like this version better. Let me know what you guys think... I'm going to try to make one more before the draft.

Round 1 # 13 - S Earl Thomas - Texas
5-10 1/4, 208 lbs.

Round 1 # 17 - OT Anthony Davis - Rutgers
6-5, 323 lbs.

Round 2 # 49 - CB Perrish Cox - Oklahoma St.
5-11 1/8, 195 lbs.

Round 3 # 79 - WR Jordan Shipley - Texas
5-11 1/4, 193 lbs.

Round 4 # 113 - OG Mike Johnson - Alabama
6-5 1/8, 312 lbs.

Round 5 # 145 - DT Torrell Troup - Central Florida
6-2 3/4, 314 lbs.

Round 6 # 182 - DE/OLB Aaron Morgan - Louisiana-Monroe
6-4, 242 lbs.

Round 6 # 206 - ILB Nathan Triplett - Minnesota
6-2, 250 lbs.

Round 7 # 224 - RB Deji Karim - Southern Illinois
5-11, 205 lbs.

49ers Free Agents Signed: OG Chester Pitts, QB David Carr

[ Edited by PTulini on Apr 8, 2010 at 22:31:19 ]
PT:
For you which OT grades out higher as a RT - Davis or Saffold?
Originally posted by Ninefan56:
PT:
For you which OT grades out higher as a RT - Davis or Saffold?

Davis has all of the ability (in my opinion), but its his off-the-field issues and poor work ethic that concern me.
I don't dislike the mock, but it seems like you have Thomas a bit high, and Davis has the motivational issues.

I think we could trade down and get these same players (not that I advocate that).

It does address the needs fairly well though.
Originally posted by socal9er42:
I don't dislike the mock, but it seems like you have Thomas a bit high, and Davis has the motivational issues.

I think we could trade down and get these same players (not that I advocate that).

One mock I saw today from one of those "draft expects" had Earl Thomas going at #10 to the Jacksonville Jaguars. I think his draft stock is on the rise.
the first 3 picks good but shipley....no maybe spend a pick on a pure returner like Vann or Arenas with our 3rd pick
Nice mock PTulini
Pat, Troup won't make it there.

He's regarded as one of the top NT in the draft. He's seen by many as the Mike Iupati of Nose Tackles. Unbelievable strength and just well-built, not fat. He could go as high as the 2nd, but no later than the 4th.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Pat, Troup won't make it there.

He's regarded as one of the top NT in the draft. He's seen by many as the Mike Iupati of Nose Tackles. Unbelievable strength and just well-built, not fat. He could go as high as the 2nd, but no later than the 4th.

Oh well, I can't get them all right. How about the rest of it?
Pat, I think you are selecting Parrish Cox at #49 because he has punt return skills. I don't think his CB skills warrant a second round pick. MadDog has Cox going around #101.

There could be some very good safeties at #49: Morgan Burnett and Nate Allen. But you took Earl Thomas at #13. I would substitute:
John Jerry G
Koa Misi OLB

Since Troop will be gone at your pick, you could take Cam Thomas NT at #49.
Originally posted by mebemused:
Pat, I think you are selecting Parrish Cox at #49 because he has punt return skills. I don't think his CB skills warrant a second round pick. MadDog has Cox going around #101.

There could be some very good safeties at #49: Morgan Burnett and Nate Allen. But you took Earl Thomas at #13. I would substitute:
John Jerry G
Koa Misi OLB

Since Troop will be gone at your pick, you could take Cam Thomas NT at #49.

Thank you for your recommendations.
Originally posted by PTulini:
Originally posted by socal9er42:

One mock I saw today from one of those "draft expects" had Earl Thomas going at #10 to the Jacksonville Jaguars. I think his draft stock is on the rise.

Yeah, I saw that one after I posted.
STill think it's too high for him, but he could go early.
Perrish Cox is overrated because of his size but he is tight hiped and has a skinny frame and avg speed. A lot of people talk about him as a 2nd rounder but you watch he will be a 4th or 5th rd pick. If you watch him play to he looks like a 4th or 5th rd pick.
Don't like it.

13 is too early for Thomas. Davis has work ethic concerns, and Cox has tons of red flags.