LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 269 users in the forums

The best mock draft in my universe=P

• Walsh
  • Veteran
1a Joe Haden CB, Height: 5-11 Weight: 193
Looks like all the tackles are going to fly off the board again. Given the choice, I'll take Haden over Spiller. Another corner helps us more than another RB imo. I admit, there's good value in taking Spiller here too and it'd be exciting to see him take the first kick off.

1b Anthony Davis OT/Bruce Campbell OT.
We Need an OT in the first. Not much else to say. I really don't think we can find one in the 2nd. If I have to watch Snyder for a whole nother season...ugh.

2 Arrelious Benn WR/KR, Height: 6-1 Weight: 219
I chose not to take Spiller so I take my KR here early in the draft. We can use a WR for slot position too if we're really running a spread more. I'd be nervous if the niners wait til the later rounds for a KR. Wouldn't you??

3 Dorin Dickerson TE, Height: 6-2 Weight: 226
Here's my pick for originality. This guy is called the best fullback in the draft and a combine "freak"! He fixes 2 problems. 1. Pushes Moran Norris 2. Pushes Delaine Walker. If we have him in with Gore, defenses don't know if a pass or run is coming. Finally, a little unpredictability in our play calling. We need someone that can both block for Gore and catch better than VD.

4 Ciron Black G, Height: 6-5 Weight: 327
Back up guard. See if he can develop and beat out Baas or Chilo.

5 Myron Lewis S, Height: 6-2 Weight: 203
Michael Lewis needs a back up and this draft is deep with safeties. We should take one in the later rounds.

6. A.J Edds
We should probably take a pass rusher in later rounds too. I'll roll the dice with AJ

Anyone else ready for the real draft????
I like your Dickerson pick. I'd like to see the Niners return to the days when their FB was a weapon. With the dearth of returners on the squad, I do think the Niners ought to draft two guys with return ability. Vann and Holiday, for instance, can be had in the later rounds.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Definitely don't like your TE pick. You don't take a TE in the 3rd round to maybe challenge your #2 TE.
  • LA_NINERS
  • Info N/A
blah.

benn aint touching the 2nd round.

ciron black won't be there in the 4th either.
  • Walsh
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
Definitely don't like your TE pick. You don't take a TE in the 3rd round to maybe challenge your #2 TE.

Dickerson potentially takes 2 starter jobs. Your argument is a bit strange to me. We took Coffee in the 3rd, a backup RB.
  • Walsh
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LA_NINERS:
blah.

benn aint touching the 2nd round.

ciron black won't be there in the 4th either.

Then I would take Perish Cox or Dexter Mccluster. If neither of those guys are there, then there's probably some good OLB's to consider or Guards=]
Don't like the TE pick, but like everything else.
B-
Originally posted by Walsh:
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:

Dickerson potentially takes 2 starter jobs. Your argument is a bit strange to me. We took Coffee in the 3rd, a backup RB.

Heres a scouting website on Dickerson. Hes 6'1 225 Lbs Ran a 4.4 40. Has played FB, WR, TE, LB, and was the goal line back in Pitt's offense scoring 6 touchdowns on 20 touches.

http://walterfootball.com/draft2010TE.php

Mike Mayock creamed his pants over this guy. It even says so in this article. If this dude can be had in the 3d and play FB, TE, runs a 4.4 and has experience as a goal line back and the flexibility he would bring to our offense is incredible. Probably to be taken by the raiders with the freakish numbers he put up
Share 49ersWebzone