There are 59 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

does don banks know something-or is he just speculating

on si.com, in his mock draft, he says 49ers think iupati can play right tackle

also, he writes that falcons, w/ 3 2nd rd picks, might covet niners #17 pick in rd 1, to move and get brandon graham
Originally posted by hofer36:

also, he writes that falcons, w/ 3 2nd rd picks, might covet niners #17 pick in rd 1, to move and get brandon graham

link? btw I want Brandon Graham on this team the guy's a beast.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:

I don't want to help anyone get graham

If they really think Iupati can play RT, take Graham at 13 then Iupati

jizz!!!!!!
bump

so can he play rt?
Interesting trade idea. But if there is a quality player there at #17 we gotta take him
  • LA_NINERS
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by WillistheWall:

COSIGN!
Originally posted by teeohh:
bump

so can he play rt?

Watched a clip of him at the Combine on Path to the Draft last night. Too slow of foot, plays too upright. Not an OT.

Charlie Casserly, who pointed out these flaws, sed he's a late first round, second round guy at best. And NOT an OT. FWIW.

[ Edited by oldninerdude on Apr 8, 2010 at 10:55:53 ]
I would trade our 17 for two 2nd round picks. There's a lot of depth in the first two days of the draft (with the 1st round being on it's own primetime night).
Originally posted by nvninerfan1:
I would trade our 17 for two 2nd round picks. There's a lot of depth in the first two days of the draft (with the 1st round being on it's own primetime night).

+1
he knows that he is speculating.
Originally posted by BigYellowKahuna:
Originally posted by nvninerfan1:

+1

+1 but only if we can get our tackle at #13.
The position drops off bigtime in round 2.
  • rum53
  • Veteran
A couple of years ago the draft experts were saying that the OG out of USC, Chilo Rachal, could possibly make the transition to RT in the NFL.
Originally posted by rum53:
A couple of years ago the draft experts were saying that the OG out of USC, Chilo Rachal, could possibly make the transition to RT in the NFL.

Yes. Iupati reminds me a bit of Rachal. He plays mean, which was also an attribute of Chilo. In college that may be enough, but it's tougher in the pros.

Oldninerdude points out that Iupati is slow of foot and plays too upright. I heard Casserly say the same thing. I read somewhere that he is a great run blocker but less adept at pass blocking (anyone reminded of Kwame Harris?). That won't do in a league where the ability to pass is becoming a requirement.
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
No, his mocks are among the worst. He's just a columnist, knows nothing about the draft.
I'd like to see a link to that article, because maybe he meant another team that has 3-2nd rd picks. I believe Atlanta has zero 2nd round picks. Maybe the Patriots?