LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 210 users in the forums

Mel Kiper's 49ers Draft

Originally posted by 9erred:
I cannot stand Kiper, but I will tell you I think if the niners followed his advice over donhoues and McCloughans, they probably would be a better team. I am down with
1A Haden
1B Davis/iiupati
2 PR/KR

However my preference, as most on this board know is

1A Spiller or Trent Williams if available obviously
1B Graham, the sack master the niners need

Trade 2 and 3 to move up and draft Charles Rogers at OT. I also would be ok with drafting Rogers at OT at 17, a slight reach, but a product that I believe can start from day one.

Homie who is Rodgers at 17 you talking about?
If Seattle picks a tackle @6 and Davis falls to 13 we should NOT take him. After us there are 3 teams (Seahawks, Giants, Titans) that don't need an offensive tackle. I agree with Kiper. Take Haden @13 and Davis @17.
He means Charles Brown.
I'd rather have Kyle Wilson than Haden but I don't want a WR/KR with a 2nd round pick. He would be hard pressed to get any playing time at WR so basically we would've used a 2nd rounder on just a KR/PR.

I'd rather them take a change of pace back in the 2nd that could spell gore and return kicks, I think we'd get more production out them.

Personally Im hoping for Spiller at 13 and then Davis at 17. If Davis is gone I'd be fine with Brown at 17.
  • LA_NINERS
  • Info N/A
i'd love that.

decker is a BEAST man, too bad he can never stay healthy, he'll grab anything in his sights, runs great routes and he could be had in the later - later rounds.

I'd take Dexter over Mardy though.

Mardy has been known to drop some balls, so he'd be perfect with Crabby and VD lol
  • LA_NINERS
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by Yoda_I_Be:
He would be hard pressed to get any playing time at WR so

Crabtree
Morgan
Brandon Jones
Jason Hill
Zieger

Our WR corp sucks, the talent and depth is horrible.

You can never have enough weapons.
I'd rather have Kyle Wilson than Haden but I don't want a WR/KR with a 2nd round pick. He would be hard pressed to get any playing time at WR so basically we would've used a 2nd rounder on just a KR/PR.

I'd rather them take a change of pace back in the 2nd that could spell gore and return kicks, I think we'd get more production out them.

Personally Im hoping for Spiller at 13 and then Davis at 17. If Davis is gone I'd be fine with Brown at 17.

I don't necessarily agree with you. While WR isn't a pressing need, we do have room for one now that Bruce, Battle, and even Dom Zeigler will probably be gone. Gilyard gives us versatility.
Originally posted by LA_NINERS:
He would be hard pressed to get any playing time at WR so

Crabtree
Morgan
Brandon Jones
Jason Hill
Zieger

Our WR corp sucks, the talent and depth is horrible.

You can never have enough weapons.

Do you think we suck worse at RB:
Gore
Coffee
Robinson

Gore is often injured missing a few games here and there and Coffee hasn't shown enough. So if you think our talent and depth suck at WR then you must agree that our talent and depth at RB is even worse?

Morgan is our 3rd option behind crabs and VD so any rookie will be a 4th or 5th option. If we draft a RB in the 2nd they could end up starting a few games and see carries every week as well as KR/PR.
  • LA_NINERS
  • Info N/A
No I'm with you bro.

I just don't get how some people wanna trade our 2 first rounders to move up for an OT when this team clearly has so many holes to patch up.

I can't even remember Gore's last season when he was healthy, I love the guy - but lets be realistic here.

Coffee, reach last year, showed he nothing. He runs hard, but other than that will never be a lead back.

Robinson is pure basura, been on the team for 4 years too long - and yes I know he was drafted in 2006, lol.

[ Edited by LA_NINERS on Apr 7, 2010 at 11:20:11 ]
Funny how people want to spend a 1st on a PR/KR who will get 5 carries a game but not a 2nd on a PR/KR who would be our deep threat.

No I'm with you bro.

I just don't get how some people wanna trade our 2 first rounders to move up for an OT when this team clearly has so many holes to patch up.

I can't even remember Gore's last season when he was healthy, I love the guy - but lets be realistic here.

Coffee, reach last year, showed he nothing. He runs hard, but other than that will never be a lead back.

Robinson is pure basura, been on the team for 4 years too long - and yes I know he was drafted in 2006, lol.

Im with you on that. Trading our 2 1sts to get a LT and pay him top dollar makes no sense since we have Staley and are paying him good money already.

As long as the niners take the best OT available at 13 or 17 and then either take a CB or Spiller with the other pick Im fine. I think Spiller is a Chris Johnson type player. But I'd also be fine with an OT and Lupati with our first 2 picks. Im not a Rachal fan, dude was a turnstile last year.
I dont see how these guys think the best corner will fall to us that far...no way...
  • LA_NINERS
  • Info N/A
No I'm with you bro.

Im with you on that. Trading our 2 1sts to get a LT and pay him top dollar makes no sense since we have Staley and are paying him good money already.

As long as the niners take the best OT available at 13 or 17 and then either take a CB or Spiller with the other pick Im fine. I think Spiller is a Chris Johnson type player. But I'd also be fine with an OT and Lupati with our first 2 picks. Im not a Rachal fan, dude was a turnstile last year.

Co-sign, but I'd put Spiller in the category of Percy Harvin x Joshua Cribbs.

Look how valuable and versatile Percy was to the Vikes, Mr. Do-it-all and Spiller can bring that all to the table.
No I'm with you bro.

maybe he gets injured because our o line sucks im not saying trade both our first rounders but maybe a 2nd or third and spiller is a good player but he should not be a top 15 pick for us especially when we have much more pressing needs

[ Edited by 49ersalldaway126 on Apr 7, 2010 at 11:55:23 ]
  • dmax
  • Veteran
i just want the best OT thats available....& cj spiller
Share 49ersWebzone