There are 164 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Who's for trading up?

Who's for trading up?

Sorry in advance if this question has already been posted.. Im just curious to how many fans would be open to trading up. Im against it myself... I think this draft is too loaded with talent to devote multiple picks on a possible crap shoot. (ie. Kwame)
If we could package the 1st pick and our 3rd rounder or our 2nd pick and the second rounder to get Okung, I would be ecstatic. Any of the other OT's and it wouldn't be worth it. That would be the only player I would be willing to trade up for because he is a franchise left tackle. And if we landed Haden or Iupati with the other 1st round pick I can live with not having a second or 3rd rounder.
not for these tackles. its not like we're trading up for joe thomas. these guys are all decent, but i definitly do not think they are worth trading up. if anything, we should be looking to trade back with our 17th pick and then target charles brown or valdmire or bruce campbel.. i would much rather do that, then we get an extra pick.
Originally posted by 5280High:
If we could package the 1st pick and our 3rd rounder or our 2nd pick and the second rounder to get Okung, I would be ecstatic. Any of the other OT's and it wouldn't be worth it. That would be the only player I would be willing to trade up for because he is a franchise left tackle. And if we landed Haden or Iupati with the other 1st round pick I can live with not having a second or 3rd rounder.

I dont know much about Okung.. BUt is he better that JOe Staley? or would you keep Okung @ RT?
Originally posted by BurritoSmuggler:
not for these tackles. its not like we're trading up for joe thomas. these guys are all decent, but i definitly do not think they are worth trading up. if anything, we should be looking to trade back with our 17th pick and then target charles brown or valdmire or bruce campbel.. i would much rather do that, then we get an extra pick.

I would put Okung in the Jake Long, Joe Thomas category, I watch allot of Big 12 football and he dominated everyone he came across. Not sure why he isn't as highly touted as past top tackles, so I could be missing something since I'm not a scout. But of the 6 Ok St. games I watched last year I don't recall ever not seeing him dominated the man across from him.
NOPE

I would rather have 2 first rounders.
Originally posted by Born_Niner:

I dont know much about Okung.. BUt is he better that JOe Staley? or would you keep Okung @ RT?

And when i say better i mean "potentially better".. obviously a rook coming in is not going to be better than Joe
Id trade our 13th pick and our 3rd rounder..for the 7 pick to take ERIC BERRY
Originally posted by susweel:
NOPE

I would rather have 2 first rounders.
Originally posted by DaFaro49ers:

we wouldnt even have to do this POSSIBLY, but this too is the only situation i would be ok with trading up for...

the browns are gong to take Clausen now, which means the only two teams who I think would really go for Berry would be the Jags, who have other needs, and even more of a chance being a the Dolphins....however if he gets passed these two teams...having Berry fall right into our laps, a lot like Crabtree last year, and then either trading down or reaching for other OT's like the kids from Maryland or USC would be completely worth it...

with this possibility i do not want to be trading up to take an OT...id rather wait and see if Berry could be there, and take our chances on the other OT's...who mind you, would be high picks in former and likely upcoming drafts...
It's not worth the gamble IMO.
Originally posted by Born_Niner:

I would think Okung is the only Rookie tackle that you could plug in and have start LT right away. He looks and plays the part, I wouldn't wanna mess up any of his footwork by having him learn RT.

Berry would be good, but look at the value... he's a safety, one of the most injury prone positions in the game.

My argument for Okung is also because he would protect our QB, whether it be Smith, Davis or a 1st rounder next year... so by the nature of the LT position his value automatically increases.
Originally posted by MaliCali:

we wouldnt even have to do this POSSIBLY, but this too is the only situation i would be ok with trading up for...

the browns are gong to take Clausen now, which means the only two teams who I think would really go for Berry would be the Jags, who have other needs, and even more of a chance being a the Dolphins....however if he gets passed these two teams...having Berry fall right into our laps, a lot like Crabtree last year, and then either trading down or reaching for other OT's like the kids from Maryland or USC would be completely worth it...

with this possibility i do not want to be trading up to take an OT...id rather wait and see if Berry could be there, and take our chances on the other OT's...who mind you, would be high picks in former and likely upcoming drafts...

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame