There are 171 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

49erswebzone collaborative big board: #4

49erswebzone collaborative big board: #4

Who do you want to be #4 on the 49ers big board? In other words, if the 49ers were choosing #4, and these players were already taken, who would you want them to choose? (If you want to vote for a player that doesn't appear in the poll, just write them in a post and I will put them in the poll.) The final count for the poll will be taken tonight at 12:00 PST.

Players already taken:
DT Ndamukong Suh
OT Russell Okung
S Eric Berry
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I voted Haden, I think he's the best value for us being that he's the #1 rated CB.
I don't think Bradford or McCoy should even be on our big board.
I would go

Berry
Suh
Okung
Bulaga
Williams
Haden
Thomas

or something like that..... since we have two first rounders we can afford to mix it up a bit based on who we think will be there at 13 and not 17.
I think Bulaga has to be next on the big board based on need. McCoy and Bradford will be good, but are not positions of need for us. Haden could be another possiblity, but I think OT is a bigger need.
on our board it should definitally be bulaga also i would take bradford out hes a clinch to go #1 and i dont even think he will be on our board

gerald mcccoy shouldnt be too high either he isnt versitle enough to play in the 3-4
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
on our board it should definitally be bulaga also i would take bradford out hes a clinch to go #1 and i dont even think he will be on our board

gerald mcccoy shouldnt be too high either he isnt versitle enough to play in the 3-4

He shouldn't be taken off our board, if he dropped to 17 I'm sure the niners would at least consider taking him. But I agree he shouldn't be top 10 on our big board. Lets see if everyone else agrees.
I just hope everyone realizes that this isn't an overall talent board. This is the 49ERS big board which means that just because a player is good, if they do not fit our system or fit a need then they should not be ranked as high on our big board.

Just making sure everyone understands that before they vote for McCoy or Bradford over Bulaga.
This could be a close one between McCoy, Bradford and Bulaga...

[ Edited by Superbowl09 on Apr 6, 2010 at 11:46:13 ]
As long as we take OL in the first i'm happy... I would love to see some help in our secondary as well. I just don't see how anyone would want to go after Bradford even if he was there for us to snag. Jump on that Smith bandwagon guys!!
So far I've said it in every single one of the collaborative big boards....McCoy would be a 3-4 end in our scheme!!!!!! So to us, he is not that valuable. To a 4-3 team, he is easily in the top three, probably top two. I voted for Bulaga, but I think it can be Bulaga, Williams, or Haden.
Lets not be so short sighted guys. I myself do believe Alex Smith will do somewhere between well and very well this upcoming season. I am also fully aware this is a what would you do as the GM of the niners board. In any case, I believe you have to take in to account the value of a possible franchise QB. If we can spend a year or two grooming Bradford and playing him in any games Smith might be injured in and the preseasons, whether Smith works out for us or not I think his value as a trading chip would be much higher than any other players left on the board. Now I am not saying where he should be on our draft board, but more so replying to the others that don't believe he should be on our board at all. That's just my take on it tho
Despite the fact that he is not as valuable in a 3-4 and doesn't fill a big need, McCoy is next on the big board