There are 58 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

What is everyone's fascination with Mike "Lupati"??

The fascination is because he's a big OL 6-6, 330, who's got exceptionally fast feet. Like most Somoan's he's also exceptionally strong...and reports I've read recently say he's got the ability to play all positions on the OL...even C. So, it seems he represents tremendous value...as a kingpin on the OL for years. I'd love to see us get him and Anthony Davis, or one of the other top OT's...together, they'd be a huge boost to the OL.
The facination is, in my opinion, proportional to our very poor OL performance. Iupati seems to be a bonafide starter who may be a true difference maker. We need a number of upgrades on our team and if we don't fix the OL we'll be singing this song again next draft.
  • LA_NINERS
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

ask miami how much jake long helped
ask the browns how much joe thomas helped
ask ravens how oher has helped
ask the broncos how much ryan clady helped

i can go on for a while

LOL one of the worse counter arguments ever.

I'm not saying we don't need help at OL, but plenty of posters are saying use both of our 1st rounders on OL - I wouldn't be surprised if we take our first OL in the 2nd.
  • LA_NINERS
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by KRS-1:

At the end of the day we need to address the OL and early at that (at the very least 1 of our first 3 picks in the top 50 should be on the OL) in this draft because we don't have as deep of a pool of weapons offensively as the Packers do, hell even the Eagles did well with poor OL play last year and they too had a deep pool of offensive talent but allowing your QB to be sacked that many times is playing with fire and we don't want to be burned yet again.

This dude who loves KRS gets it!

Good s**t homie.
Originally posted by LA_NINERS:

i can go on for a while

I'm not saying we don't need help at OL, but plenty of posters are saying use both of our 1st rounders on OL - I wouldn't be surprised if we take our first OL in the 2nd.

Really depends who's left on the board when we are picking. Hopefully we can get a OT with one of the 1st round picks and someone good falls to the other
who gives a s**t how you spell his name? people want him because we need help on the OL and he's highly rated by a lot of draft people and its likely we'll have a chance to take him. We should (or shouldn't) take him based on his ability, not on the fan's ability to correctly spell his stupid name.

i can go on for a while

no someone said that OL dont make first yerar impacts im saying that they do
  • GORO
  • Veteran
We let Justin Smiley go and now we need to replace the man that replaced him. Samoan make good OL. Look at Kevin Mawae or Jesse Sapulo so if Sing wants a physical line this would be a good choice.
I want Iupati at #17. Unfortunately more and more it looks like one of the top OTs will be gone at #13. Iupati is still raw but he's a sure thing at LG. At RT he may be able to play there. He has the size, strength...just needs coaching.

A guy like him upgrades the OL, maybe not at RT but it's still an improvement.

And yes I too get annoyed when people call him Lupati.
because we want a good o line

This is becoming a retarded statement.

Who's saying these rookie OL will make any damn difference for our team?

Yet, the Green Bay Packers had the WORST OL last year, basically every one was injured - gave up the most sacks and Aaron Rodgers was running for his life.

Their running back still had a nice year and Aaron Rodgers brought that team to the playoffs coming from the NFC North.

Our OL is only as good as our Quarterback and talent.

We add more weapons for Alex Smith, we'll see a great increase in success for the bust.

i can go on for a while

All of those guys played tackle. Iupati is a guard. We need a tackle at 13, or 17. Not to mention there are good guards in the 2nd like John Jerry and John Asamoah in the 2nd available.
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
The fascination is because he's a big OL 6-6, 330, who's got exceptionally fast feet. Like most Somoan's he's also exceptionally strong...and reports I've read recently say he's got the ability to play all positions on the OL...even C. So, it seems he represents tremendous value...as a kingpin on the OL for years. I'd love to see us get him and Anthony Davis, or one of the other top OT's...together, they'd be a huge boost to the OL.

He's pretty much a LG right now if you want him to actually play well as a rookie.
  • KRS-1
  • Hall of Fame

i can go on for a while

If we did it wouldn't be a terrible thing either, but if we don't draft an OL in the 1st this place will go ape s**t. You can find good lineman outside of the 1st, I'd hope we stick to our guns and not reach just to fill a need on the OL in round 1.
  • KRS-1
  • Hall of Fame
ya thats true but 1st round OL has teh lowest bust rate out of all positions and speedsters can be found almost everywhere

like best in R2 or mccluster which has far better value than spending a top 15 pick when we clearly have otehr needs IMO if hes there at 17 take him but not at 13

Agreed.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
because we want a good o line

This is becoming a retarded statement.

Who's saying these rookie OL will make any damn difference for our team?

Yet, the Green Bay Packers had the WORST OL last year, basically every one was injured - gave up the most sacks and Aaron Rodgers was running for his life.

Their running back still had a nice year and Aaron Rodgers brought that team to the playoffs coming from the NFC North.

Our OL is only as good as our Quarterback and talent.

We add more weapons for Alex Smith, we'll see a great increase in success for the bust.

i can go on for a while

All of those guys played tackle. Iupati is a guard. We need a tackle at 13, or 17. Not to mention there are good guards in the 2nd like John Jerry and John Asamoah in the 2nd available.

Yeah, I would take Iupati as a guard, unless they feel he can make the switch to RT. But, ideally I'd like to take an OT at #13 then finish the OL off with Iupati at #17. That would be my dream scenerio. We'll see what happens.
Originally posted by KRS-1:

i can go on for a while

If we did it wouldn't be a terrible thing either, but if we don't draft an OL in the 1st this place will go ape s**t. You can find good lineman outside of the 1st, I'd hope we stick to our guns and not reach just to fill a need on the OL in round 1.

You can also find mediocre players in the 2nd like Baas and Rachal. Iupati allows the OL to have ProBowl level stars. Talk about a playmaker.