LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 291 users in the forums

**AB's FINAL WZ Collaborative MOCK DRAFT** Rd. 4 Packers(AB) OTC

With the 25th pick in the 2010 NFL Draft the Philadelphia Eagles select:

Boise State Broncos CB Kyle Wilson

Just to much value here to pass up for the Eagles. With 3 3rd's and 2 4th's the Eagles have the ammunition to trade up to acquire a player they truly covet. After trading CB Sheldon Brown, the Eagles have a huge void opposite Asante Samuel. With a first round of Mike Iupati and Kyle Wilson the Eagles feel they've gotten tremendous value with both players when you consider they could easily go in the teens.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Good move Boise - Cards would have taken Kyle Wilson in a heart-beat.
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:

Thanks. I had a feeling Arizona might be interested but wasn't sure. Him along with DRC would be annoying to face for the next few years. He'd definitely be an upgrade from McFadden opposite DRC.

Being able to keep both my early 3rds and my early 4th was an added benefit. With that said i think it's a great trade for the Ravens as well. They basically reacquire the picks they traded for Anquan Boldin when they didn't see much of value for themselves in the first.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BoiseNiner:

Thanks. I had a feeling Arizona might be interested but wasn't sure. Him along with DRC would be annoying to face for the next few years. He'd definitely be an upgrade from McFadden opposite DRC.

Being able to keep both my early 3rds and my early 4th was an added benefit. With that said i think it's a great trade for the Ravens as well. They basically reacquire the picks they traded for Anquan Boldin when they didn't see much of value for themselves in the first.

Yeah, good trade for both teams. Arizona needs help on D, though pass-rush is a bigger need, but if Wilson was there - it will be tough to pass a CB like him. I think he will be a top 20 pick come Apr 24th
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Arizona will look to add one of the best 3-4 pass-rushers in the class by drafting

Jerry Hughes, OLB, TCU

With the 27th pick the Dallas Cowboys select:

Florida Gators C/OG Maurkice Pouncey

The Cowboys need an infusion of youth and agility to their O-line. Pouncey provides them with versatility to the interior of their line. If it wasn't for the position he played Pouncey would most likely be a higher pick. Kosier, Gurode and Davis are all getting older and Pouncey has the skills to possibly take over the starting job over one of them as a rookie. Either way, youth was needed and if any of those mentioned players get hurt, the Cowboys have someone they feel will be able to succeed right away. Kyle Kosier better be looking over his shoulders at LG.

Yeah, good trade for both teams. Arizona needs help on D, though pass-rush is a bigger need, but if Wilson was there - it will be tough to pass a CB like him. I think he will be a top 20 pick come Apr 24th

Yeah, there is nobody on the board who could make in impact on a need position for the ravens. So i traded back 10 spots and got two more picks in a deep draft. Especially positions like 3-4 DE or MLB are positions than can be adressed in these rounds. So this trade was a win-win in imo.
Originally posted by stever:
The ravens have traded their 1st round pick to the eagles for a 2nd,a 3rd and a 4th round pick.details will follow later

Here's the deal:

2nd rounder- 38th pick

3rd rounder- 87th pick

4th rounder- 122nd pick

for

1st rounder- 25th pick

5th rounder- 156th pick

I'll make the changes soon...just make sure I got it right when I make changes through AB's account.

Could you post the 2nd round order ? So we can work on trades in that are, too ?
Originally posted by stever:

Yeah, there is nobody on the board who could make in impact on a need position for the ravens. So i traded back 10 spots and got two more picks in a deep draft. Especially positions like 3-4 DE or MLB are positions than can be adressed in these rounds. So this trade was a win-win in imo.

Yeah, I liked the trade. It worked out great for both the teams. The Eagles really needed help in the secondary and viewed Kyle Wilson as a can't miss CB that late in the first. It was hard passing on him with the 24th pick but Mike Iupati was a huge need at that point and presented great value as well. You have to give up some to get some. Had 3 3rds and 2 4ths so i saw an opportunity.

After the Ravens traded for Anquan Boldin they had a huge void in the 3rd and 4th rounds in a deep draft. I'm sure Kyle Wilson would spark some interest here but be able to get a 3rd and 4th rounder while only going back 13 spots is a good trade for them.

According to the value chart this was great for both teams as well. I could definitely see a trade like this going down come draft night.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
The Chargers select Ryan Matthews. RB, Fresno St.

This is a no brainer for the Jets. With pass rusher as their number one priority this off season, getting arguably the best true 3-4 OLB in the draft at #29 is a dream come true.

Rex Ryan practically creams his shorts getting to the podium to select:

Texas, OLB, Sergio Kindle

As a Jets fan as well, i love the pick. If Kindle falls this far it's a no brainer. I'd like him followed by Hughes and Odrick.
As a Jets fan as well, i love the pick. If Kindle falls this far it's a no brainer. I'd like him followed by Hughes and Odrick.

Those were pretty much the options. Shockingly, and much to the Jets' pleasure, the Cards went Hughes before Kindle, and had both been gone Odrick may have been the pick. Either him or Everson Griffen.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
I think Vikings need to invest in a young DT. Pat Williams is getting up in age, so it's time to get some depth behind him. I like Jared Odrick, Penn State. What do you guys think?
I think Vikings need to invest in a young DT. Pat Williams is getting up in age, so it's time to get some depth behind him. I like Jared Odrick, Penn State. What do you guys think?

I think either him or Devin McCourty. They need help in both areas and I think McCourty would fit well in their Tampa 2 defense.

Jared Odrick is probably BPA though and the Vikings usually stick with their draft boards. So i agree with you and say Odrick should probably be the pick here.
Share 49ersWebzone