There are 48 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

**AB's FINAL WZ Collaborative MOCK DRAFT** Rd. 4 Packers(AB) OTC

ok give me a second and ill make my pick
after doin some research at some falcons forum the falcons deside they need a defensive guy with a motor who can make tacckles and get to the QB that being said

at #19 the falcons select

Sean Weatherspoon
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BoiseNiner:
I disagree that the Giants don't need an OT. Diehl is better suited at OG and they are supposedly thinking about cutting Kareem McKenzie because of his high price tag. Beatty looks to be the LT of the future for this club and Trent Williams would give him a solid compliment on the other side.

It wasn't really an easy decision to pass on Williams with him falling a little lower than I imagined. I just felt McClain could give them more of an impact right away on the defensive side of the ball. The Defense right now needs more work than the offense IMO. I also didn't really care for the talent at LB in the next few rounds compared to a potential stud like McClain.

Yea, Giants could have easily drafted Trent Williams. Also, Steelers or another team could have traded up. The fact is, Niners need a RT and there were two RTs available at 13 (Williams and Davis) and Niners can also draft LT in Brown and move Staley to the right side.

So, it made little sense to draft a tackle at 13 when I knew I'll have at least one of the tackles fall to me at 17,
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
I disagree that the Giants don't need an OT. Diehl is better suited at OG and they are supposedly thinking about cutting Kareem McKenzie because of his high price tag. Beatty looks to be the LT of the future for this club and Trent Williams would give him a solid compliment on the other side.

It wasn't really an easy decision to pass on Williams with him falling a little lower than I imagined. I just felt McClain could give them more of an impact right away on the defensive side of the ball. The Defense right now needs more work than the offense IMO. I also didn't really care for the talent at LB in the next few rounds compared to a potential stud like McClain.

Yea, Giants could have easily drafted Trent Williams. Also, Steelers or another team could have traded up. The fact is, Niners need a RT and there were two RTs available at 13 (Williams and Davis) and Niners can also draft LT in Brown and move Staley to the right side.

So, it made little sense to draft a tackle at 13 when I knew I'll have at least one of the tackles fall to me at 17,

Ok, i consider myself convinced :) (Is this really an english phrase ? Sounds so strange to my german ears ) I didn't realize that Davis was still there too as a second option.
Via PM from ghost :

The Texans are thrilled, that he is still available and pick up

CJ Spiller, RB

The Bengals are torn between Mike Iuapti and Taylor Mays here. After getting Bobbie Williams in FA, they are comfortable to address their safety problems and select

Taylor Mays, S
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
'Zona might be interested in moving up
The ravens are shopping #25. Anybody interested ?
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by stever:
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:

Ok, i consider myself convinced :) (Is this really an english phrase ? Sounds so strange to my german ears ) I didn't realize that Davis was still there too as a second option.

IMO i dont think the texans take spiller because slaton and spiller have similar styles
New England has multiple holes to fill on D, but they also have multiple second round picks.

Given the injury issues to their current slot WR and Moss's possible departure after this year, they take a great value in what could be the most pro-ready WR in the draft.

He may not be an underrated white boy, but he is exactly the kind of weapon Tom Brady can use perfectly.

The patriots select Notre Dame WR, Golden Tate.

[ Edited by TexasNiner on Apr 4, 2010 at 09:31:46 ]
I like Golden Tate going to the Patriots. I think he'd be a nice fit and should contribute right away. Especially if Welker isn't able to return at the start of the season.
I like Golden Tate going to the Patriots. I think he'd be a nice fit and should contribute right away. Especially if Welker isn't able to return at the start of the season.

That's my thinking. Whether it's Welker for this year (or beyond) or Moss after this year, they could use to reload at WR and Tate seems to fit their style perfectly. Plus he had the versitility to be used as a RB, in the Wildcat, as a KR or in any other way Belichick can find to use him.
Originally posted by TexasNiner:

That's my thinking. Whether it's Welker for this year (or beyond) or Moss after this year, they could use to reload at WR and Tate seems to fit their style perfectly. Plus he had the versitility to be used as a RB, in the Wildcat, as a KR or in any other way Belichick can find to use him.

Not to mention he'll be playing alongside Brandon Tate(last years 3rd rounder).
Originally posted by TexasNiner:

Not to mention he'll be playing alongside Brandon Tate(last years 3rd rounder).

Well, that remains to be seen. Brandon on had one rush for 11 yards last year and no receptions. If he even sees the field this year, then the Tate squared combo may be in the house, but that may turn out to be a 3rd rounders almost as good as most of ours. (Frank notwithstanding, of course.)
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home