There are 190 users in the forums

**AB's FINAL WZ Collaborative MOCK DRAFT** Rd. 4 Packers(AB) OTC

Originally posted by krizay:
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
The Chargers choose, OLB, Erverson Griffen

Griffen in 3-4...

Quote:
Griffen reportedly tested great and worked out well in position drills. At 6-2 3/4 and 268 pounds he's big for outside linebacker in the 3-4 but has shown the mobility to play in coverage, and in his workout ran the 40 in 4.62 seconds

Quote:
Blessed with good size, strength and the athleticism to jump up the board in workouts, Griffen is an intriguing prospect who might be just scratching the surface of his potential. His agility and straight-line speed might be enough to convince scouts that his future position should be as an outside linebacker in the 3-4 scheme

I think it's a great pick. The Bills certainly would have considered him for their own 3-4 rebuilding project if he hadn't been taken.

BY THE WAY......

The Bills are once again interested in trading down. If any owners are interested in moving up to the 41st pick, make me an offer.

Otherwise, I'll make the pick if I don't hear from anyone.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

Griffen in 3-4...

Quote:
Griffen reportedly tested great and worked out well in position drills. At 6-2 3/4 and 268 pounds he's big for outside linebacker in the 3-4 but has shown the mobility to play in coverage, and in his workout ran the 40 in 4.62 seconds

Quote:
Blessed with good size, strength and the athleticism to jump up the board in workouts, Griffen is an intriguing prospect who might be just scratching the surface of his potential. His agility and straight-line speed might be enough to convince scouts that his future position should be as an outside linebacker in the 3-4 scheme

Good research, and a solid pick after readin' the above report. He can easily go in late 1st and early 2nd.
Originally posted by TexasNiner:

Griffen in 3-4...

Quote:

Quote:

I think it's a great pick. The Bills certainly would have considered him for their own 3-4 rebuilding project if he hadn't been taken.

BY THE WAY......

The Bills are once again interested in trading down. If any owners are interested in moving up to the 41st pick, make me an offer.

Otherwise, I'll make the pick if I don't hear from anyone.

Same with the Redskins in their new 3-4. OT was a bigger need but i almost added him to compliment Orakpo.
Sorry. Got tied up with a work thing. I'll make the pick in a second, pending a possible trade.
After going BPA in round 1, and not finding the trade down they were looking for, the Bills use this opportunity to start addressing their HUGE needs on the OL.

Buffalo selects UMass OT/OG, Vladimir Ducasse

lol that was one of the players I was interested in. Few slots wasn't worth the price though. Solid pick.
Originally posted by BoiseNiner:
lol that was one of the players I was interested in. Few slots wasn't worth the price though. Solid pick.

Yeah, there are several other players that would work well for the Bills and I would have liked to have traded back enough to have the ammo to maybe get a couple of them instead.

But barring that, getting one of the last top tier OL is a critical need for this Buffalo team. That flashy new WR and/or any other upgrades on offense won't matter much without some line help.
Originally posted by TexasNiner:

Yeah, there are several other players that would work well for the Bills and I would have liked to have traded back enough to have the ammo to maybe get a couple of them instead.

But barring that, getting one of the last top tier OL is a critical need for this Buffalo team. That flashy new WR and/or any other upgrades on offense won't matter much without some line help.

I considered trading with my other teams as well but I to value those 3rd rounders. Either way this is a solid pick. I think he could very easily be selected in the first round.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Rams thought about drafting 2-3 different players here. But, in the end - after securing their franchise LT (last year), franchise QB and WR this year, they will go with BPA. Steven Jackson will be 27 before the start of this season. He has been asked to do a lot in last few seasons - resulting in several injuries. This is a two-back league and this is the year Rams are going to load up on offense. They are bringing back the greatest show on turf - and add another weapon by drafting one of the most electrifying player in the draft. Easily the best player available here

Jahvid Best, RB, Cal

[ Edited by 49ersMyLife on Apr 6, 2010 at 17:41:48 ]
good pick. He'd be a solid compliment to Jackson. plus return ability just makes the pick even better.

• 4ML
  • Veteran
good pick. He'd be a solid compliment to Jackson. plus return ability just makes the pick even better.

I didn't think he'd fall here when I was making the first pick in the 2nd round. I was expecting to draft a defensive player here, or was hoping for Gresham to fall. With Avery, Thomas, and Best - Rams will have a lot of speed.
Miami gets more help for their aging Defense. Parcells is never one to stop reloading on D, so they are pleased to find so many options here.

Since they already took a linebacker in round 1, now it's the secondary's turn.

The Dolphins select South Florida, FS, Nate Allen.

[ Edited by TexasNiner on Apr 6, 2010 at 18:04:19 ]
New England starts their second round feast by shoring up a hole at DE.

The Pats select Northwestern DE, Corey Wootton

• 4ML
  • Veteran
Solid pick by Dolphins. Their secondary is gonna be a beast with Smith, Davis, and now Allen.
Solid pick by Dolphins. Their secondary is gonna be a beast with Smith, Davis, and now Allen.

Thanks. There were several other options, but they had him as BPA and one of the guys they just couldn't pass up with NE about to make 3 picks. Far better to have him against Tom Brady than picking off their own QBs.
Share 49ersWebzone