Who is the biggest Tool? (draft gurus)

Who is the biggest Tool? (draft gurus)

Originally posted by jones49:
Originally posted by TheSixthRing:
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
this lesbo.

Mutant Tarantino!

Looks like a christmas photo from 1987

Say what you want about the Melster but the hype over the NFL draft was basically started by him when ESPN was new in the late 80s.

The reason that the Draft is now a cottage industry can be traced back, at least in part, to the Melster.

It aint the draft without Mel.

Hate him or love him. But give him his props. He might have been at the right place at the right time but he's made a career out of what we would ALL love to do.
Originally posted by jb49ers80:
Mayock is definitely the best.
Kiper is often wrong, but at least he does seem to work hard at it.
McShay has come out of nowhere, doesn't know what he's talking about, and seems very full of himself. He gets my vote.

Florio isn't, nor does he claim to be, a draft guru. He is, however, awesome. Good sense of humor, not shy about sharing his opinions which are usually pretty logical, and he doesn't take himself too seriously. Now does it piss me off when he talks ish about the niners, of course, but that's true for everyone. Until we prove ourselves everyone is going to doubt us.

cosigned
Everytime I see Kiper's face.....
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Todd McShay kinda bugs me, very little insight, goes back to a few key words when he is stuck. Kiper is a douche but seems to know more about the guys. Mayock is my favorite for sure
Originally posted by wysiwyg:
Say what you want about the Melster but the hype over the NFL draft was basically started by him when ESPN was new in the late 80s.

The reason that the Draft is now a cottage industry can be traced back, at least in part, to the Melster.

Hate him or love him. But give him his props. He might have been at the right place at the right time but he's made a career out of what we would ALL love to do.

The 'Melster,' really? I suppose it's better than the Melinator.
Originally posted by ghostrider:

I like Melony Kiper
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Without a doubt its McShay, he just says stuff for shock value.

Kiper and Mayock are the best, they have strong opinions. McShay just sounds very unsure of himself.
Originally posted by Youngone:
Originally posted by ghostrider:

I like Melony Kiper

No need to be Melicious.

Kiper been doing this since like 79. Before there even was tv coverage of the draft he was doing the same thing. He created the industry the more and more I see MCShay he does start to bug me a bit. I like his insight but something about his attitude and demeanor just scream tool.

Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by jb49ers80:
Mayock is definitely the best.
Kiper is often wrong, but at least he does seem to work hard at it.
McShay has come out of nowhere, doesn't know what he's talking about, and seems very full of himself. He gets my vote.

Florio isn't, nor does he claim to be, a draft guru. He is, however, awesome. Good sense of humor, not shy about sharing his opinions which are usually pretty logical, and he doesn't take himself too seriously. Now does it piss me off when he talks ish about the niners, of course, but that's true for everyone. Until we prove ourselves everyone is going to doubt us.

cosigned

Obviously.
No question about it - Kiper.

I hate that guy. First of all I doubt he even watches any games and has people reporting to him. His top lists are terrible until the offseason kicks off and he can bite off other people's work.

Then he likes to say something really crazy and prays it pays off so he can mention how he was the only one to predict it for the next 10 years...conveniently forgetting the 100+ other retarded predictions that didn't happen.
Three way tie for first: Kiper, McShay, and Florio. Mayock doesn't belong on this list. The guy knows what he's talking about. In the first 100 picks last year Mayock had 97 of them in his top 100. I don't like his personality, he's kind of an a-hole but he knows his stuff.
Mayock is the only analyst that I have an appreciation for. I've watched quite a number of his vids on nfl.com and he really seems to know what he's talking about.

-9fA
I like all of them -- except Florio.

Knowing all of their backgrounds, I know Kiper, McShay, and Mayock do their due diligence on players. Different people see different things though; it's bound to happen. Kiper is bold, and I like that. I dislike the safe "gurus."
Share 49ersWebzone