LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 169 users in the forums

Who is the biggest Tool? (draft gurus)

Who is the biggest Tool? (draft gurus)

So I was reading Mike Florio's article on PFT about what NFL scouts think of McShay and it got me thinking....

Who is the biggest tool of the mock drafts?

I know Mike Florio isn't a guru but I think he is a tool.

Mel Kiper
Todd McShay
Mike Mayock
Mike Florio
Florio is not a "draft guru."

It's Kiper and it's not even close.
Originally posted by ghostrider:

Well read the post, I explain the Florio entry. He is a tool and talks like he knows it all. Although....I do respect him for quitting the legal game and making something big out of nothing.
I can't even watch Darth Helmet (Kiper) and McShay is a close second. As for Florio, I just don't pay attention to them.

Say what you want about Mayock, but at least he played the game. I think he and Corey Chavous are pretty good at spotting and explaining talent. Are they right all the time, no.

Kiper's like the politicians just down the road from his home. Whatever way the wind is blowing, is how he projects his draft. In order for ESPN to get more viewers (because not everyone has access to NFL Network), The Tool (McShay) and Darth Helmet will take opposite sides and actually try to defend there nonsense.
Originally posted by Youngone:

Well read the post, I explain the Florio entry. He is a tool and talks like he knows it all. Although....I do respect him for quitting the legal game and making something big out of nothing.

Regardless, it's still Kiper. And it's still not close.
Originally posted by Youngone:

Regardless, it's still Kiper. And it's still not close.
Agreed.
I still think Kiper will take the victory here.

[ Edited by Youngone on Mar 31, 2010 at 10:39:36 ]
Kiper, with McShay and Florio a distant second. Mayock IMO is about as far from a tool as it gets.
i like all of them
Originally posted by PA9erFaithful:
Kiper, with McShay and Florio a distant second. Mayock IMO is about as far from a tool as it gets.

I agree, Mayock knows his stuff.

Florio and it's not even close.

What a d-bag.

And can I have a link to the article so I can check it out?

[ Edited by Schulzy on Mar 31, 2010 at 11:08:02 ]
People knock Kiper but they say he knows so much he deosn't even use notes most of the time. I saw an interview the other day with somebody (not sure who but I believe it was a NFL coach) who was helping with the draft on ESPN and it was in the later rounds and Kiper was still schooling folks on late round prospects without any notes.
Originally posted by miked1978:
People knock Kiper but they say he knows so much he deosn't even use notes most of the time. I saw an interview the other day with somebody (not sure who but I believe it was a NFL coach) who was helping with the draft on ESPN and it was in the later rounds and Kiper was still schooling folks on late round prospects without any notes.

Its his job and not that tough. You only have to know about 250 players. most of whom went to the combine.
Originally posted by lamontb:
i like all of them

Agreed. Except I haven't even seen Florio, so I picked him.
Mayock is definitely the best.
Kiper is often wrong, but at least he does seem to work hard at it.
McShay has come out of nowhere, doesn't know what he's talking about, and seems very full of himself. He gets my vote.

Florio isn't, nor does he claim to be, a draft guru. He is, however, awesome. Good sense of humor, not shy about sharing his opinions which are usually pretty logical, and he doesn't take himself too seriously. Now does it piss me off when he talks ish about the niners, of course, but that's true for everyone. Until we prove ourselves everyone is going to doubt us.
Share 49ersWebzone