LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 266 users in the forums

our 2nd and third equals 600 points

I am a fan of trading up into the first round with our 2nd and third rounder. The points make sense, and it give you endless possibilities with 3 first round picks. Additionally each pick will be signed for 5 years.

13- Haden
17 Brandon Graham
30 Charles Roger

13 Spiller
17 Iupatie
30 Charles Rogers

13 Trent Williams
17 Iupati
30 Javhid Best

13 Dez Bryant
17 Brandom graham
30 Charles Rogers
Not a fan of trading up in such a deep draft.
  • LA_NINERS
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by znk916:
Not a fan of trading up in such a deep draft.

+1
Originally posted by 9erred:
I am a fan of trading up into the first round with our 2nd and third rounder. The points make sense, and it give you endless possibilities with 3 first round picks. Additionally each pick will be signed for 5 years.

13- Haden
17 Brandon Graham
30 Charles Roger

13 Spiller
17 Iupatie
30 Charles Rogers

13 Trent Williams
17 Iupati
30 Javhid Best

13 Dez Bryant
17 Brandom graham
30 Charles Rogers

You must mean Charles Brown (not Rogers). I'm a fan of trading up from #49. If the Niners select Iupati with one of the 1st round picks, then they can package David Baas with #49 plus their fourth round (saving the third rounder).

[ Edited by Paul_Hofer on Mar 30, 2010 at 11:02:37 ]

13- Haden
17 Brandon Graham
30 Charles Roger

13 Spiller
17 Iupatie
30 Charles Rogers

13 Trent Williams
17 Iupati
30 Javhid Best

13 Dez Bryant
17 Brandom graham
30 Charles Rogers

I am assuming that Charles Rogers is actually Charles Brown?
Although if for some reason we don't draft OL with one of our top two picks, I wouldn't be against moving up to ensure getting an OT like Brown or Saffold with a late 1st.
Originally posted by Ninefan56:

13- Haden
17 Brandon Graham
30 Charles Roger

13 Spiller
17 Iupatie
30 Charles Rogers

13 Trent Williams
17 Iupati
30 Javhid Best

13 Dez Bryant
17 Brandom graham
30 Charles Rogers

You are correct, OT from USC
Originally posted by Ninefan56:

13- Haden
17 Brandon Graham
30 Charles Roger

13 Spiller
17 Iupatie
30 Charles Rogers

13 Trent Williams
17 Iupati
30 Javhid Best

13 Dez Bryant
17 Brandom graham
30 Charles Rogers

You are correct, OT from USC
I wouldn't mind this strategy if there is a guy still on the board that we have rated super high and he falls and fits a need and would start right away.

Otherwise, with our draft tract record lately, we need all of the picks we have, so when we hit on 1 out of 2 or 3 we can at least come out of this draft in decent shape.
Share 49ersWebzone